Faulty NTG1 Comand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pitts Pilot

Car
SL63 AMG 6.3, VW Tiguan 2.0
I have a Comand NTG1 in my 2007 SL R230

Comand.jpg

When listening to music the first couple of minutes have drop outs and the music sounds a mess. I’ve discovered that this is because the NTG1 is reading my mobile phone sim, and can’t multi-task.

What's more, if I receive a text the music pauses for a second. It’s crazy :doh:

So I’m now in the habit of muting the music after I first get in the car, and then start listening to it a few minutes later, once the Telephone circuitry has done its job.

Is this normal for a NTG1?
Does anyone else have this problem?

What music source are you listening to?

In my 2007 R230 with NTG1 I experience no such drop outs at any time.

My iPhone is connected through a Viseeo MB2 via bluetooth and I mostly listen to an iPod playing through a Dension 500. The iPhone receives emails, texts etc. and the music never drops out, neither is it affected by the phone/Viseeo syncing with the head unit.

I don't ever recall hearing drop outs when I played music from a DVD or the CD changer, but the phone has always been connected through a Viseeo MB2.

What music source are you listening to?
Thanks for your comments

I have a Mcar unit fitted by Alfie at Comand Online. It integrates with the NTG1 beautifully using the standard fibre optical cables. To this I connect an iPod which is my primary music source, and one that is controlled on screen, thanks to the Mcar unit. So that's the setup :confused:

To make matters worse, there is a second issue with music recorded at home on blank DVD +R’s.

There is a 1 second pause after the start of each track.

I’ve tried various different types of DVD media, Verbatim, Maxell, Ritek; different burning programmes, Nero, IMG Burn, Roxio, and experimented with Constant Bit Rate MP3 and VBR MP3. I've even tried burning on another PC. (All burning is done at x2 speed, well within the media’s maximum speed).

Anyone else had problems with DIY music DVDs?

My DIY CD’s on the other hand are no problem at all, but you can’t get as much on them.

[PS. Burger - A big ‘Thank you’ for your write-up on installing a Reinhold Cabrio Roof Module. I’ve tried the recommended way, but like you I could not get enough carpet out of the way to access the wiring tray – I’ll use your method now :thumb:]

I don't know about the MCar unit so can't comment. How is the phone connected? To the same unit?

As for DVD's I haven't had any problems with home made DVDR's. I have many VBR MP3's and have burnt them as is.

Sorry I can't be more help but delighted to help with the roof module. Mine continues to work flawlessly.

Regards,

I don't know about the MCar unit so can't comment. How is the phone connected? To the same unit?
The Mcar provides a Bluetooth link to the phone, and reading the SIM card takes a couple of minutes, during which the music is messed up.

I may have found some leakage through the rear boot seals (classic problem), so I might be booking the car in to have them changed under warranty soon, so I could show the service people the NTG1 problems at the same time?

What’s the chance of them changing my NTG1, (for another NTG1, obviously); not a cheap outing for them I would think...

I might add that I have also used 3 different CD/DVD cleaners, including a 'wet' type.
Still no joy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom