Faulty retractable roof SL 350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alpaca jackie

Car
SL350
Roof will not work.
Had seen convenience functions not available on Command system and see owners manual.This went out with driving about half a mile and the roof then worked. Ran the car for 120 miles thinking that this might charge it up. No message at all now and the roof remains firmly closed!!So thought it was big battery in boot coming to its end. Car is 6 years old . So replaced battery with Bosch similar 70vAH gel type. £160
Roof still not working
When put on computer analyser, various faults show up.
Left hand flap?
Cable break?
Have fiddled with separator to make sure that this is properly closed. Are there any sensors in the boot. Must say most of the time I have a full set of golf clubs in the boot and have been known to push down the separator to close it. Have I bent something?
Don't want to pay for Mercedes as I have a great garage, but they are struggling now!
Any ideas?:wallbash:

The flap mechanism is the most common failure. The trunk needs to be actuated open via star then the flap/ cables checked and replaced if necessary. This is quite simply done

The flap mechanism is the most common failure. The trunk needs to be actuated open via star then the flap/ cables checked and replaced if necessary. This is quite simply done
Could you tell me what is 'star' and trunk must be the boot? And how do you activate it? And where are the flaps and cable? What am I looking for? I'm afraid you need to give me more detail.
Thanks for replying

Star diagnosis is the diagnostic tool used to pinpoint faults with mercedes cars.
Im afraid you will need to get the car on star

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom