Faulty Thermostat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

king2136

Car
E320 CDI Avantgarde
Hi,

My thermostat is buggered because cant get any hot air and the temp gauge doesnt move above 45. Just wondered what other problems this could cause because my car went into limp mode yesterday ?

Thanks
David

You need to post details of the car so the technical guys can help you!

yeah i know how to change it but was wondering if it could cause other problems like smoke etc !

Sorry, i didn't read your first post properly, no i wouldn't think a faulty thermostat will cause the car to smoke. What type of smoke? Is it excessive, as in all the time?

How many times has it gone into limp mode?

Not sure how many times its went into limp mode but probably quite a few ! the main problem is after starting from cold if put your foot right down it chuggs as if its going to cut out then puts out big clouds of smoke which i think is grey in colour then after that it runs fine. its not the EGR valve cause that was fixed last week

Last edited:
It could be fuel lines, you may air in them, or injectors leaking off too much maybe?

I would advise to get it on STAR to diagnose and see what codes are coming up. Better than throwing money at the problem without knowing exactly what it is.

Where abouts are you located? I'll recommend a good indy if i can which has STAR.

Someone with a bit more info may be along shortly.

im in glasgow. ive booked it in on wed to a diesel garage their going to keep it over night to see what the engines like cold

hope you have a satisfactory (and inexpensive) outcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom