Faulty washer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosie5golf

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes e320 avant-garde estate
The drivers side windscreen washer has decided not to spray the windscreen. So, I disconnected the supply which seems to be pushing out water at a good pressure.
I've blown air through the holes and, tried cleaning out the interior but, still only a tiny spray of water comes through and, doesn't even reach the windscreen. Any suggestions please. I just don't want to scratch the screen.

The drivers side windscreen washer has decided not to spray the windscreen. So, I disconnected the supply which seems to be pushing out water at a good pressure.
I've blown air through the holes and, tried cleaning out the interior but, still only a tiny spray of water comes through and, doesn't even reach the windscreen. Any suggestions please. I just don't want to scratch the screen.
What vehicle is this on?

Get someone to put their thumb over the passenger side , then operate the jets , see if that doubles pressure through the drivers side .

Wonder if the nozzle is similar to my S204, as I had a similar problem a while ago. Is there a small ball bearing in the bottom of the washer nozzle (you'll have to remove the nozzle or put an inspection mirror underneath)? Mine had fallen out, so most of the water was going out the bottom of the nozzle instead of up the screen, replacement nozzle cured the problem - except MB do not offer the nozzle on its own, just the full set back to the pump!! Had to search online breakers to find something! Another trick is to put the bonnet right up then use a screwdriver to close the bonnet latch so the car does not know the bonnet is up - so you can try the screenwash bonnet up! Just don't forget to "release" the bonnet latch before dropping the bonnet!!

My W211 has the very fine fan type jets that cannot be cleaned out with a pin.

When mine block (hard water area) I take them out and soak them overnight in a solution of caustic soda. I tried vinegar but that didn't do much.

The caustic soda has always cleared them.

Only the MB suffers from blocked jets though. All of the other cars are fine.

My W211 has the very fine fan type jets that cannot be cleaned out with a pin.

When mine block (hard water area) I take them out and soak them overnight in a solution of caustic soda. I tried vinegar but that didn't do much.

The caustic soda has always cleared them.

Only the MB suffers from blocked jets though. All of the other cars are fine.
Thank you ill try that.

Thank you ill try that.
Can you explain how you got the jet out please ? Mine are the fine spray ones and, I live in a hard water area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom