Faux leather seating split in E class 2006

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Mallinson

Car
E280 CDI Sports
I am the owner of a E280 (W211) which has faux leather seats. The car has done 65,000 miles and the front driver's seat is showing signs of splitting along the vinyl. Has anyone experience of this problem and repair action taken? I am very disappointed as many people say the faux leather is preferable to the real leather, and I must say that I prefer it for it's feel and looks. :confused:

Interesting - our 'new' one has a (not very obvious)'paper cut' on the drivers seat base bolster and I wondered if there was a clever repair system but it appears not :-(

They can be repaired by a smart repairer but it wont last as its in a position that takes all the brunt of your backside getting in and out!

As Jay has already mentioned, it all depends on where the actual split is, can you provide a pic steve?

The seat base has to be removed and that panel replaced with new by a trimmer.
You are right the job has got to be done properly. I have found a upholsterers in Maidstone who is going to remove the seat take off the covering and completely replace the offending panel.Apparently the job takes about 4/5 hrs and providing its as good job is quite economical

Interesting - our 'new' one has a (not very obvious)'paper cut' on the drivers seat base bolster and I wondered if there was a clever repair system but it appears not :-(
There is a product on the market called Flexible Easy Stitch freely available on E Bay it provides a perfect seal to the split. But I would never recommend it as it dries very glossy and substantially harder than the cloth.My experience is that the repair is always obvious but it does prevent any increase in the cut/tear. Hope this is some use to you.

Since my posting on the 3/12 I have had my seat repaired.1st class job seat removed Offending patch removed and replaced by leather. Perfect job now un-noticeable even stitching matched perfectly. Very satis. and good price. Up holsterer in Maidstone Kent -Book in leave car for 3/4 hrs and collect.Has very good knowledge of all Mercedes Interiors . T Brown Interiors Ltd 01622 725785 www.tbrowninteriors.co.uk

Since my posting on the 3/12 I have had my seat repaired.1st class job seat removed Offending patch removed and replaced by leather. Perfect job now un-noticeable even stitching matched perfectly. Very satis. and good price. Up holsterer in Maidstone Kent -Book in leave car for 3/4 hrs and collect.Has very good knowledge of all Mercedes Interiors . T Brown Interiors Ltd 01622 725785 www.tbrowninteriors.co.uk

I know time has passed, but I am sometimes in kent,

May I ask what the price was for this?

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom