Fav/worst Wheeler Dealer cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
My favourite would have to be the 500 SEC
Or at a push the E39 M5.

Worst. Mini Moke, or anything British and deemed as a classic. Not a fan of anything from longbridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep the 500 SEC was a beauty

The Mazda Rx7 with the snake skin decals and wheels with orange lip made me vomit :D

Of the recent ones the two programmes that started in Poland. The one on the Lamborghini Uracco and the one on the FSM Syrena 105 which illustrated interesting cars at the opposite ends of the car spectrum.

Favourite: Bentley (Mulsanne, I think) Worst: Moke.

There was one with a Nissan Skyline where I'm sure they actually reduced the resale value by modifying an otherwise unmolested body.

I guess some of the older episodes where more about turning some fun around quickly, but after a while they focussed on sympathetic restoration.

Worst the Porsche 944 with those hideous alloys. I liked the lambo Urraco P250S and the Morgan plus 4.

Not to forget........ Sorry folks.

The Subaru with black go faster stripes with their names embossed on either side of the bonnet. That made my toe nails curl behind my ears. I'm still hiding behind the sofa. Ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Not to forget........ Sorry folks.

The Subaru with black go faster stripes with their names embossed on either side of the bonnet. That made my toe nails curl behind my ears. I'm still hiding behind the sofa. Ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Apparently that car did the rounds after they sold it. Minus the stripes

I liked the TVR Cerbera ...I can't see how they beleive they make any profit ie labour & running around costs are never taken into account...wish I lived in WD land .:rolleyes:

Worst. The Frogeye Sprite - Brewer said they wanted to keep it original, then, amongst other "improvements", bought fake Minilites and ditched the original steel wheels. Then painted it a non-factory colour.

As an aside, whenever I watch a UK episode, I note the reg number, and check on DVLA for tax and MOT. Surprising how many are unable to be found - surely they can't all now carry personalised plates?

Worst. The Frogeye Sprite - Brewer said they wanted to keep it original, then, amongst other "improvements", bought fake Minilites and ditched the original steel wheels. Then painted it a non-factory colour.

As an aside, whenever I watch a UK episode, I note the reg number, and check on DVLA for tax and MOT. Surprising how many are unable to be found - surely they can't all now carry personalised plates?

I thought I was the only saddo who did that!!

So many of them are sorn, or just can't be found.

CAR SOS ones are the same, and the majority of them have had a full resto...

The chap that sold his orange Honda S2000 to Mike brought it back after the restoration and then sold it a few weeks later for a healthy profit lol.

My theory on WD

Cars are pre sourced by some minion. He calls up seller and sends that little Paul bloke to have a look, he reports back what needs done to fatso and Edd.

Fatso shows up, films the "haggling" and the "test drive" shots are him driving it back to the workshop.

Edd acts all surprised, and tells the excitable puppy it's a pile of crap. Multiple technicians help Edd out ( I am not questioning Edds ability )

Aforementioned minion has sourced a buyer, or crew member.

Stage managed handover.

Job done

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom