Favour to ask - please read my Ebay ad and give feedback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Hi,

My 944 is for sale as a classified advertisement on Ebay. But I am about to switch this to an auction with a very reasonable low reserve.

If anyone has a spare 5 minutes please can you read my advertisement and give me any feedback. I'm looking to make it as comprehensive as possible to generate the maximum interest.

I'm thick skinned, so be honest, but not cruel :)

Many thanks.

Porsche 944 S2 (1989) - Road & Track Car - REDUCED £4495 | eBay

Will have a look in a mo - but are you competing with SPX for who can change the car most often?

Looks like a decent advert. Not sure about telling people why you are selling it - you are almost inviting them to buy a VX220 instead...

Last edited:
It seems prettie comprehensive and honest to me. Plus loads of photos I can't fault it but I bet some one will.

OK, here goes...

1. Don't know why, but the background to the text is white rather than grey
  2. This is a writing style thing, but I'd lose the first two sentences from the explanation of the reason for sale, and then change the sentence "So now I'm in a Vauxhall VX220" to something like, "So now, after 5 months of Porsche ownership, I'm in a Vauxhall VX220". I've never seen a car advertised that says it's being sold for dodgy reasons and I'm personally put off by the "genuine reason for sale" stuff.
  3. There are a couple of typo's / spelling errors in the "Faults" section: it passed its MOT (not past); as for the sills, you treated them (not then) with Dinitrol
Hope that helps, and good luck with selling it :thumb:

Unless I missed it doesn't say how many previous owners

Very good ad Wemorgan. As Starky said though....(and this is being too picky, granted :eek:)

"The car past its MOT"

The car passed it's MOT.

And maybe a pic with the headlights up. I'd want to know they worked, especially for road use. Potentially costly fix otherwise?

Someone's going to get a hoot of a car by the looks of it, too :thumb:

Never, ever be negative in your advert; buyers are generally paranoid by nature and this will get their minds ticking over.

Simply say that you get bored of cars pretty quickly, which is why you're are trying a different car. Maybe you've had this car longer than you'd normally keep a 'toy', such is the awesomeness of the Porsche etc.

As the car is set up for a track car and i read it that i would be better buying a vx220 as the 944 is not up to the job

I would lose all the reasons not to buy ???? sell the dream tell them how much fun you have had in it

Very good ad Wemorgan. As Starky said though....(and this is being too picky, granted :eek:)

"The car past its MOT"

The car passed it's MOT.

Grammar pedant fail, I'm afraid. "Its" doesn't take an apostrophe when it's a pronoun. :thumb:

wemorgan has updated the ad correctly, although to be ultra-pedantic, it's an "MoT test".

Last edited:
Looks good, have you got in on piston heads under track cars also?

for me (and really smeg head point) the rear number plate doesn't look straight..

See told you it was smeggy.

Would be good fun that on the track.

Only fault i can see is that you want to preserve Status Quo. Why ? The only decent record they made was "pictures of matchstick man " in the 60s. ( bet MOCAS spots the missing apostrophe).

I sold my 944 S2 Cabriolet only last month so I looked at your ad with interest. It looks really good to me, but I think you're being a tad too honest. It's not good to start your description by saying effectively that you've thrashed the balls off it for 6 months and now you want to get rid before it goes seriously wrong!

Highlighting the faults as such isn't a good move. You need to rewrite in a more positive manner, and certainly without the bold heading of "Faults". Nobody expects a £4.5k, 23 year old car to be like new, so just say that it's in excellent condition, which it is. The 944 has a galvanised body for longevity, so don't point out rust that has probably started following damage.

Do you have any documents showing the work done on it, particularly for the £3k spent in the last 18 months? People like to have full records to show how genuine things are.

I'm surprised that there's no mention of new discs anywhere. I can see that the fronts are ventilated which isn't standard. How new are they?

As I said, it looks a great car so good luck selling it.

knighterrant: Thanks for the feedback. The reason for the “warts and all” advertisement is that I will make it an auction advertisement soon. So need to declare everything so bidders know exactly what they’re buying, removing the possibility of negative feedback. I agree that when it’s a classified ad a more positive ad is needed to get people calling and viewing :)

The previous owner was a car dealer with a garage, so not all the work that was done by him have receipts to show for it. But as you say, it’s clear that some parts like discs are quite new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom