Favourite Biscuit/biscuits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Indeed Stilton is English and proud. The King of blue cheeses imho. Combined with the sweet butter taste of the digestive biscuit and even a drizzle of honey mmmmmmmm :thumb:
Superb with Pears and fresh Figs!

Liebniz are a favourite in our house, i really like Loacker wafer biscuits as well. But they're really flirting between a biscuit and a chocolate i think. I mean, where do you draw the line, there must be a specific chocolate:biscuit ratio which defines it? So i would say a KitKat/Tunnocks wafer are more like chocolates. Maybe it should be based on how many you would normally eat in one go/per cup of coffee? So, i would do maybe 3 Liebniz but only one Tunnocks - therefore i would say a Liebniz is a biscuit and Tunnocks a chocolate.

Liebniz are a favourite in our house, i really like Loacker wafer biscuits as well. But they're really flirting between a biscuit and a chocolate i think. I mean, where do you draw the line, there must be a specific chocolate:biscuit ratio which defines it? So i would say a KitKat/Tunnocks wafer are more like chocolates. Maybe it should be based on how many you would normally eat in one go/per cup of coffee? So, i would do maybe 3 Liebniz but only one Tunnocks - therefore i would say a Liebniz is a biscuit and Tunnocks a chocolate.
Are you trying to upset the Scottish with your outrageous claim that a Tunnocks wafer is not a legit biscuit. :D

Definitions?
Biscuits go soft, cakes go hard (stale) and chocolates bloom, with age.

If we ever have any Ikea ginger thins in the house I have to instruct the family to hide them. Very more-ish.

If we ever have any Ikea ginger thins in the house I have to instruct the family to hide them. Very more-ish.

A lot of people find those IKEA biscuits very difficult to assemble.

Yes like all biscuits,in no particular order Ginger Nuts,Chocolate Hob Nobs,Dark Chocolate digestives.

I used to love Barmouth biscuits ... sadly now gone.

Are you trying to upset the Scottish with your outrageous claim that a Tunnocks wafer is not a legit biscuit. :D
Ah erm....well I would say it must sit right on the boundary. But for the sake of diplomatic relations I’ll say it’s a biscuit! A Tunnocks Tea Cake though, that’s a different beast altogether and probably needs its own category!

I'm with Chris; you find Tunnock's wafers in with Kit Kats & Mars Bars in the confectionary stand.

Tunnocks teacakes, on the other hand, are just a bit odd.

Oddly enough, despite living in Scotland for the first 24 years of my life, I was only vaguely aware of the brand.

TBH, I had no idea that they were Scottish until they annoyed the SNP a couple of years ago by carrying out the very un-Scottish thing of advertising them on the tube without a massive saltire, a picture of the Glorious Leader or a picture of the statue of Mel Gibson from Braveheart.

Anyway, the SNP intervention had the opposite of the effect intended and I went out to buy some immediately. Partly out of curiosity but also to annoy the thought police.

We used to occasionally have these biscuits called I think Romany Creams, but I can’t find any details about them now. They were a really rich sandwich biscuit, almost black and really fudgy. They would have been bought from a regular supermarket so its strange I cant find any details. I can find ones made by Bakers but I think they’re South African so I’m sure it wasn’t them. This would have been I guess in the 80’s or ‘90’s.
I recognise Romany creams from England in the 70's, but can't remember if it was marketed in the UK via Cadbury or UB brand. (I was involved with both at the time.)

Romany Creams were created by someone called Pyott created in Port Elizabeth as a chocolate version of a "Gypsy Cream" after the Second world war, using Cadbury chocolate. (Others may point out that this is a non-PC brand name).

Gypsy Creams were a McVities (United Biscuit) brand, which was similar to, but better than Fox's Golden Crunch creams, which were a rip off of the McVitie product)

That said, I lived in South Africa for a while, so I "may" be remembering them from my time there in the 1990's

71oNnP+4zPL._AC_SL1328_.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom