Favourite Biscuit/biscuits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recognise Romany creams from England in the 70's, but can't remember the brand.

That said, I lived in South Africa for a while, so I "may" be remembering them from there.

View attachment 105155
Yes these are the only ones i have found - but the UK ones i'm sure were in a cylindrical packet. Seem to be the same kind of biscuit though, however the ones i remember were almost black in colour. I thought they were made by Fox's but can't find any details at all. I might try some of the SA ones just to see. Always like a bit of research!

Anything lathered in chocolate will do me. As a wee boy, I remember my mother buying broken Gray Dunn Hampden Wafers.

Plain chocolate - oooh - after half a dozen, got heartburn something terrible!
If you like slathered dark chocolate you can't go wrong with Chocolate Olivers, though they're a bit pricy. My Dad loves them so i sometimes pick him some up from Fortnum and Mason as a treat when i'm in town.

Best biscuit ? To quote Bill Bryson: "The British Masterpiece."

5760.jpg

If you like slathered dark chocolate you can't go wrong with Chocolate Olivers, though they're a bit pricy. My Dad loves them so i sometimes pick him some up from Fortnum and Mason as a treat when i'm in town.
Rumour has it that John Lennon once refused to be paid in cash, preferring Chocolate Olivers instead.

Being a builder I’m lucky enough to be offered a mahoooosive range of biscuits my my customers. I must admit I’m yet to find one I don’t like.

however, a plain Jane Rich Tea with a brew is awesome. How long do you dare dunk before it looses enough integrity to be lifted out of the hot tea??? Dunkin Roulette.

Tesco’s Finest choc chip cookies are immense too. So dang good they come in a box. 🥳

Being a builder I’m lucky enough to be offered a mahoooosive range of biscuits my my customers. I must admit I’m yet to find one I don’t like.

however, a plain Jane Rich Tea with a brew is awesome. How long do you dare dunk before it looses enough integrity to be lifted out of the hot tea??? Dunkin Roulette.

Tesco’s Finest choc chip cookies are immense too. So dang good they come in a box. 🥳
Dunking wise those Maryland cookies are good with a coffee, when they get to 100% saturation and the choccy chunks start to melt. Agree though, I’ve yet to find a biscuit I don’t like. Even those hideous luminous party rings have a place.

Yes these are the only ones i have found - but the UK ones i'm sure were in a cylindrical packet. Seem to be the same kind of biscuit though, however the ones i remember were almost black in colour. I thought they were made by Fox's but can't find any details at all. I might try some of the SA ones just to see. Always like a bit of research!

SheWhoMustDriveHerMx5 has confirmed that she knew Romany Creams in the UK in the 1970's. When tested, she got the colour of the biscuit right, so she can't be bluffing. (This time)

M & S pistachio and almond cookies, very crunchy , very nice but if I am honest I prefer Bourbon biscuits

Aldi sell one called Oaties - v.nice
061806006259800-A.jpg

Ah, broken biscuits. If I remember on our local market it was 6d for plan and 9d for fancies/choc

ISTR some years ago that Hob Nobs were closely associated with W124 servicing.

Memories! Wonder how Mr. Walker is doing nowadays

Back in the early 50's I can remember my Mother buying broken biscuits by the 1lb. (Am I showing my age?)
My present favourite is a Lotus Biscoff with a freshly rewed coffee.

Broken biscuits, bought by the shovel-full from the Home and Colonial, were a basic of my life in the early 60's.

OK, not with these clothes, but the frontage was pretty similar.

1280px-Home_and_Colonial_Stores_May_10%2C_1910.jpg

I can remember starting work as a sales rep in the late 60's and calling on Home and Colonial stores in Liverpool. And the large tins of biscuits of various sorts and of course the tin of broken biscuits which was much reduced in price per lb , so of course I bought some on many occasions

I remember The Home and Colonial Stores where my mother used to buy butter from them. I can rember they used to 'pat' the butter into blocks and wrap in greasproof paper/
I can also remember my mother's co op divi number 723577.

My normal go to is a cheap custard cream , however our local farm shop stocks a large range of BN biscuits from France.. I cant get enough of em...51t33wrmwkL._AC_UL320_.jpg

They are soooooo good. I could mainline them.

You could just liquidise this from Aldi? :)
snapshotimagehandler_1516207357.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom