Favourite Biscuit/biscuits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am partial to a Ginger Nut or 3. Apparently we don’t have them in the house though as my wife doesn’t like them, not that it stops her buying the many varieties that she likes and I don’t..

Cheers,

Gaz

Favourite would be Fox's Butter Crunch, but I can't seem to find them these days, just the ones with cream in them. Most biscuits are acceptable though not good for the waistline.
These were also my favourite, they seemed to disappear when the sugar tax was introduced 🤔

Biscuits ARE dangerous. Let’s pause a moment to reflect on the famous true Cricketing story:

(Best told with a thick South African / Zimbabwean accent)

Aussie paceman Glenn McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe number 11 Eddo Brandes – who was just missing each ball. McGrath, frustrated, went to him and inquired: “Why are you so fat?”

Quick as a flash, Brandes replied, “Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”

Biscuits ARE dangerous. Let’s pause a moment to reflect on the famous true Cricketing story:

(Best told with a thick South African / Zimbabwean accent)

Aussie paceman Glenn McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe number 11 Eddo Brandes – who was just missing each ball. McGrath, frustrated, went to him and inquired: “Why are you so fat?”

Quick as a flash, Brandes replied, “Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”
Sadly McGrath’s wife Jane died from breast cancer in 2008. Sorry for the dampener.

This thread seems to be undoing a lot of "Good Work" i have done to curb my biscuit fetish! Only on rare occasions now do we have biscuits in the house - normally when we're expecting guests, or when my wife is away for a day or two! I'm now thinking of all the great biscuits there are or have been! I remember as a kid in the 1970's we were allowed Cadburys Animals as a treat as i think they were quite expensive. And a school watersports trip to Cap D'Agde in around 1985 introduced me to BN and Prince biscuits, and these are still a particular fave - very chocolatey but not overly sweet. When we go cycling in Europe (pre-Covid) these have become a post-ride tradition, along with a hop-based recovery beverage or two.

I'm partial to the odd Farleys Rusk as well, not all mixed up with milk but straight from the packet. Not sure if that's weird. Might even be illegal.

I do remember in Sicily on holiday once i found a fantastic chocalatier/pasticceria in Taormina i think it was. They had some amazing biscuity confections. Using my best Italian i managed to **** it up spectacularly and bought 2Kg of incredible artisan biscuits. I actually wanted 200g as they were so expensive. Hey ho!

Many years ago I used to attend regular quarterly progress meetings with a contractor. You could usually tell if things were going well by the type of biscuits they had on the plate in the middle of the table. If you saw chocolate hobnobs, then things were bad.

I was also lucky enough to attend meetings in California and got to know the people well. After my last meeting and as I was being driven back to the airport, I mentioned that I'd miss their white chocolate and macadamia cookies and wished my family could have tried them. Not a problem, my host says, and promptly pulls into a small plaza of shops and points to a shop that makes their cookies. Five minutes later I had a carton of two dozen, still warm. The family loved them.

Gave my indy mechanic a box of choccy biscuits today, as a little gesture of thanks for his help.
I’m sure that gesture is always appreciated. It’s about the only time we have biscuits in the house these days when we have people doing some work on something! I do manage to pinch the odd one I admit. Come to think of it I’ve just mended the shower door so Where are my biscuits!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom