Favourite Car Air Freshner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CiaranMcKeown

Car
C220 CDI Black
Up at this early hour bored and im going to bare the cold in the morning to clean the inside of the car. My car is filthy due to the fact i have 2 children who seem to think the rear of my car is storage for their toys, leftover food and general rubbish so i want to make my car smell nice once i clean it. This got me thinking...what air freshners do you all have and favour. Im sick of magic trees and fancy something a bit different. Ideas?

Up at this early hour bored and im going to bare the cold in the morning to clean the inside of the car. My car is filthy due to the fact i have 2 children who seem to think the rear of my car is storage for their toys, leftover food and general rubbish so i want to make my car smell nice once i clean it. This got me thinking...what air freshners do you all have and favour. Im sick of magic trees and fancy something a bit different. Ideas?

My children are the same:eek:

You can't beat the fresheners that you get when you have a service at a MB dealer. They smell of quality. Trouble is you have probably paid a lot for that aroma:eek:

I'm the same with 3 kids (2,5,10), I hoover once a week and open the windows to get the fresh air through the car as i'm allergic to the "parfum" that the makers put in these smellie things.

I'd rather breathe the stench of pretty much anything than have an air freshener in the car.

I'd rather breathe the stench of pretty much anything than have an air freshener in the car.

I'm not a big fan, some of them actually make me feel ill.. A clean, dry car doesn't smell of much.

Our 13 month old is relatively manageable at the moment, I can see that imminent muddy feet will change all that, and I've just spent 5 minutes lodging an errant baby wipe in further up the rear floor vent.. another item on the list :rolleyes:

Ade

When the weather is warmer, I use Febreze (other fresheners are available!) on the carpets and let it dry. Does a good job at getting rid of stubborn whiffs and leaves only the faintest of pleasant odours.

I also actually like Magic Trees too - the Vanilla one is a family favourite!!

I'll second Neutradol

Neutradol or fresh air!

Hmm ... never used an air freshener in any of my cars, ever. I don't let the kids leave rubbish etc. in there, only takes a second to pick up anything after they get out.

My wife's approach is different ... her Audi is like a mobile rubbish tip inside, and a fair amount of the mess is hers!

The same here, Bill. My wifes CLK is a health hazard, whereas my E-class is always clean, despite it bearing the brunt of the kids!

If you keep the car clean, you don't need air fresheners.

I do not use an air freshener, as I find them a bit over-powering. However, when I clean the car I tend to give the dashboard a quick polish with Cockpit Shine (not the wood though, as silicone-based polishes don't bring wood up well). This has a fairly mild lemon fragrance, which leaves a nice clean aroma. Most of the interior car polishes have some kind of scent, although most are not something I would like my car smelling of. When I clean the leather seats, which is about once a month, I use a leather conditioner which leaves a leather-like scent for a few days. At the moment, I have Buffalo, which is quite a realistic leather smell, but pretty expensive as it does not go very far. Previously I have used Gliptone, which is ok but gives a more artificial smell IMHO.

If you ever have a dog in the car you need a freshener:)

I use poppy corals now , nice lemon scent that or an ambi-pur ?spl

I hate the smell of air-freshers, and given that my father is asmatic and has several breathing difficulties, using air-freshers is a big no-no in my family...

Then I tried neutradol in the Shogun (which was really a skip when I bought it)... I swear by it! It works especially well if you pop it into the fan/heater/a/c air filter...

M.

If you ever have a dog in the car you need a freshener:)

We have 5 dogs in the Vito most of the time! Most important thing is to change what they've been lying on, if it's damp.

My wife's approach is different ... her Audi is like a mobile rubbish tip inside, and a fair amount of the mess is hers!

The same here, Bill. My wifes CLK is a health hazard, whereas my E-class is always clean, despite it bearing the brunt of the kids!

yes theres something about women and driving mobile skips, girlies Audi is just plain disgusting as is a friends girlfriends Corsa, its a running joke, maybe its a clever ploy to make us drive as use out fuel?!

I use a cheap Lidls thing that a glass bottle with liquid in it you put in front of the vent like other you can get, when the liquid ran out I put my favourite aftershave in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom