Favourite ever sportsmen/women. Team sport or individual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ You googled it, Im glad I'm not the only one that you seem to think i think that follows snooker on here.

All snooker players have talent on the Pro tour.

Who's your favourite?
Ronnie O'Sullivan and Jimmy White for natural talent.
Steven Hendry and Steve Davis for their single minded ambition to win everything they could
John Higgins still a fabulous player in his mid 40's and I like Judd Trump though he blows hot and cold.

Never liked Alex Higgins despite his undoubted brilliance. A flawed genius with a nasty streak.
The players who take an age to decide on a shot don't interest me (Selby, Ebdon etc)

Steven Hendry and Steve Davis for their single minded ambition to win everything they could
John Higgins still a fabulous player in his mid 40's and I like Judd Trump though he blows hot and cold.

Never liked Alex Higgins despite his undoubted brilliance. A flawed genius with a nasty streak.
The players who take an age to decide on a shot don't interest me (Selby, Ebdon etc)

Bloody hell, I don't think you've left anyone out there. You've well covered your tracks there πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Bloody hell, I don't think you've left anyone out there. You've well covered your tracks there πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Not really. Only three of my favourites are still playing professionally.
O'Sullivan, Higgins and Trump.

Edit, If pinned down to just one, Ronnie O'Sullivan. The guy is a genius but has his demons.

Last edited:
The depth of quality in snooker is frightening these days, lots of good young players coming through, especially from Asia. Fantastic that guys like Higgins and Williams are still reaching the latter stages of the big tournaments.

Have to give angles McManus a mention, the guy used to fascinate me the way he would get out of snookers and put he's opponent in one.

Not a fan of trump got to say. He's has amazing talent, really has. But don't like he's mannerisms at all. He gets under my skin πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I think you summoned up my feelings of 40 years of snooker in one post.

On 2 wheels without an engine. Danny Hart. Multiple downhill mountain bike world champion. From Hartlepool NE England.
dannyhartchamp.jpg

On 2 wheels with an engine. Another world champion. Billy Bolt. From Wallsend in the North East of England.
52405_billy-bolt_RedBullMegawatt_WESS-2018_6139-m01-1.jpg

Sporting heroes is a difficult one if,like me,your totally sports mad.
Steve bull was my idol growing up. I wanted to play like him and based my style of playing on him.
We had cradley speedway the bottom of our road too so I was in awe of some of those riders. Greg Hancock and billy hammil spring to mind.
Valentino Rossi deserves a mention just because.
Guy Martin is my favourite rider. Never once been bothered about making it big and always says racing is just a hobby for him. Fantastic engineering head on his shoulders and I could very easily sit talking to him about engines and the like.

1970 Brazil World Cup football team. Way before the theatrics started!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom