Favourite ever sportsmen/women. Team sport or individual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
As above, interested in what our people's personal favourite sportsmen and women.

Williams GP.

I did my work experience there when I was 15. Stayed in digs for a week and loved it. I was a fan anyway and it was amazing. It was the time of Hill and Coulthard.

Its a shame they are at the back of the grid at the moment. But you must admire their engineering expertise.

Williams GP.

I did my work experience there when I was 15. Stayed in digs for a week and loved it. I was a fan anyway and it was amazing. It was the time of Hill and Coulthard.

Its a shame they are at the back of the grid at the moment. But you must admire their engineering expertise.

That's does sound super amazing to have such an experience.

Ben Ainslie, the best sailor the UK have ever had, I think he has beaten Paul Elvstrom's record of Olympic medals now.

Although I don't bet on flat racing these days and stick solely to the jumps, flat trainer Sir Henry Cecil. A smashing, charismatic guy.

Sir Tony McCoy for being champion jumps jockey for 20 consecutive seasons. A truly incredible feat.

Sir Alex Ferguson for his leadership skills and ability to get the best out of a team and also individual players. You can't and shouldn't knock success.

Martin Johnson as player and captain, (but not as coach / manager)

Or Jonny Wilkinson

Steve Redgrave
Chris Froome
Geraint Thomas
Brownlee Brothers
Bradley Wiggins
Andy Murray

Hope we can be greedy and name more than one?

Early years (young teenager) it was Bruce Grobbelaar, Ex Liverpool keeper. I was a goalkeeper and Bruce inspired me with his fun persona. Very charismatic on and off the pitch. I was guttered when he was accused of match fixing.

Snookers Ronnie O'Sullivan is my all time snookering great. Awesome natural talent who could turn up and win a tournament having had just a few weeks practice. Troubled soul and intriguing character.

Lewis Hamilton. Not a rich kid, worked hard and sacrificed lots in his younger years. 100% dedication to his sport but not afraid to explore his hobbies outside of F1. Does more for charities than is known to the public. (mostly Children's and Animal) and IMO is the all time great.

Nicola Adams OBE. Formidable at her peak and inspiring to others. a total Pro in and out of the ring.

Paula Radcliffe MBE. Dedication, commitment and record breaker.

The Williams sisters. Set the bar a good few notches higher in the woman's game. Awesome

There's loads more in many different sports. The level of commitment from all to be at the top is mind-blowing. inspirational guys they are.

Lewis Hamilton. Not a rich kid, worked hard and sacrificed lots in his younger years. 100% dedication to his sport but not afraid to explore his hobbies outside of F1. Does more for charities than is known to the public. (mostly Children's and Animal) and IMO is the all time great.

And never not challenged a team mate. Sorry (I know some wont like it) but that is a demerit with Stirling Moss I cannot easily overlook.

John McEnroe, attitude and talent in equal measure....and a lefty like me. I loved the way he served. Very good for disguising what you were about to send down.

Tony Adams, the only man to captain a team in the top flight , winning 4 league titles in 3 different decades. A true leader, and for me one of the best cb this country has ever produced. Captained his country also.

Overseas favourites Thierry Henry, I don't think I need to say anymore on this fella lol.

Last but not least The Iceman, Dennis Bergkamp, like above I have never seen a player "Live" with the football brain he has in my generation. A truly amazing player.

I think you may gather I'm not a tiny tots fan ;)

Up The Ars!! enal!!!

Valentino Rossi................ MotoGP champion 6 times.
Joey Dunlop..................... IOM road racing legend
Roger Federer...................The best tennis player.......... ever
Ronnie O'Sullivan............. The most talented snooker player the game has seen.
Martin Johnson................. Born winner.
Lewis Hamilton.................. The best F1 driver I have seen.

No footballers................they are overpaid actors.;)

Good luck to them I say. If its there to be made, then take what's on offer.

Same can be said in a variety of sports, acting and playing up to the cameras is part and parcel really;)

Stephen Hendry, for me was the best break builder of that era, and was Invincible at one stage in his career. Brilliant player to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom