Favourite ever sportsmen/women. Team sport or individual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I watched tonight’s session. It was fairly good and fast flowing so enjoyed it. No lengthy safety exchanges that are usually associated with Selby.

It goes without saying that the crowd makes up 100% of the atmosphere at most sporting events but even more so snooker. I think all the players would agree that it’s great to have them back.

👍
I think that can be said for all sports. Football, Snooker. Can have the opposite effect also, with a hostile crowd.

But as Murphy said sports nothing without the fans.

Could you imagine a Selby Gritthis final. All the crowd in the world wouldn't spruce that up 🥱🥱👎

I fear that our beloved Mo will be an outstanding trainer in a couple of years 😪

Difficult for me to nail down just one sportsman but it would have to be

When he (finally) won the F1 championship and moved to indie I stopped watching F1 and watched him in his season at indie - it was brilliant what he achieved. I never watched another race after that.

Brazil football team 1982 for me at the World Cup, Even though they didn’t win. Their style of play was something else and they seemed to really favour form over function. Zico, Socrates, Falcao, Eder... At school or out in the park we would shout our own commentary as we played. Shots at goal would be accompanied by shouts of “Zico-oooooo!“ or “Socrateeeeeees!”

That was some performance from O'Sullivan in the snooker. He's attitude seems really good also. Will take some beating if he keeps these standards up.

Brilliant afternoon of snooker that was.

That was some performance from O'Sullivan in the snooker. He's attitude seems really good also. Will take some beating if he keeps these standards up.

Brilliant afternoon of snooker that was.
Totally agree. :) 👍

I hear Novak Djokovic is very popular in Australia.. ;)
He is going to get some awful stick if he does appear on court for his first match.
No denying he is one of the greats of tennis, but a certain R Federer is my #1 of all time.

He is going to get some awful stick if he does appear on court for his first match.
No denying he is one of the greats of tennis, but a certain R Federer is my #1 of all time.

Mrs PMP who hates all sport and knows even less said completely randomly at the dinner table yesterday "That Djokovic is one miserable bastard, I much prefer Federer, he's lovely" !!

So there you go :)

The Alex Ferguson era at Aberdeen….beating Real Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup final, winning the Scottish Premier League 3 times and Scottish Cup 4 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom