Favourite glass/ bottle of Red.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you @DRF20000

for listing a sensibly priced bottle

£7.50 in Asda and Waitrose currently, I'll give it a try
The topic was "Favourite Gksss/bottle of red hence me listing one at a higher price range. I did say it wasn't an everyday wine.

For all those who enjoy barolo, try to find San lorenzo. Same grape, same region, same soil but not actually from the town so can't use the name and at least half the price. It is however difficult to find outside Italy.

They feel a bit of a bargain at current pricing.
Indeed.

You have to be fast. Salisbury Waitrose run out quickly.

If available we order 6 for delivery along with others

This is another favourite :

We recently had a delivery that was 2 mixed cases of wine, 6 bottles of Champagne, 1 Armagnac, 2 Martin Millers Gin and beers.

The delivery chap unloaded but looked confused.

He said "I cannot find your food order sir" 😁😁

That McGuigan Black Label is a beautiful easy drinking wine, we buy it by the box and have yet to find anyone who dislikes it.

Mind you I’m a wine moron….

Robin
Like you, I've yet to encounter someone who doesn't like it. Mother's milk!

Some good ideas mentioned. Will be interesting giving some of these a try. 👍

As said above for the price I paid for the one I demolished, i thought it was good.

If it's Red and in a bottle I will drink it anyway! I normally wait for Tesco's 25% off 6 bottles and fill the boot!

Is this deal on the one type of wine or can it be of different varieties? Sounds a decent deal.

in my opinion and this is only my opinion ,,,,,, wine is like art you like it or you dont regardless of price . pallets change from week to week and season to season .

Agreed👍

When eating out visiting relations in Italy. Have always enjoyed the house Red, no real need to spend silly money on wine.

And you think that this is impossible, as a global average?

Is this deal on the one type of wine or can it be of different varieties? Sounds a decent deal.
It's 25% off ALL Bottles of Wine as long as they cost more than £4.50, Tesco are due this Offer shortly, Asda do something similar and have the Offer on at the moment!

When eating out visiting relations in Italy. Have always enjoyed the house Red, no real need to spend silly money on wine.
Exactly.
Most small family owned restaurants take a pride in their "House" wines.

Last edited:
I used to have to work in Sardinia, the BEST Italian Wines were Dispensed into your Own Container from a Wine Pump, much like a Fuel Pump, AND it was really Cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom