Favourite method of gaming?

Favourit gaming approach!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I sold all my other consoles and know just have a PSP....may not be the most advanced in the world but I can play it while not taking over the TV (so no agro from my better half)
Very tempted by the Wii but I will hold off until the new year

Kids have Nintendo DSs, PS2 (PS3 when available) for me.

I'd much rather play games sitting in comfort in front of my TV, using the speaker system that already has, than mess about with PC gaming. Only exception is a dedicated r/c flight simulator on the PC, but that's more for serious practice (learning "3D aerobatics") than gaming as such.

im on my psp every day, hour jounrney to work and back!

but thats it really, hardly play it at home but makes the train journey whizz past!

What about board games???
Have just invested in this one for Xmas

My last contact with consoles was a 16bit sega megadrive - sonic the hedgehog and dr robotnik - but i see the nintendo wii has sonic now so maybe i will be tempted.
Les

PSP will have some excellent functionality with the PS3 - game sharing as well as access to all music / photos etc via online (hotel) or at home with a bluetooth connection.

I clicked online gaming because I like to play poker (for money). I've no idea what World of Warcraft is.

Maybe there should be an option for traditional forms of gaming, on line - roulette, poker, blackjack etc.

I clicked pub games, but I tend to spend a lot of time on one of the gaming sites playing crib for money:cool: gotta have an incentive:D :D

I have always been a sony person, have had all so far, 1,2, psp and look forward to ps3 when it arrives. My only reservation on the PS3 is going to be the price....

SportsCoupeRich said:
i am enjoting the fact that the highest percentage is people telling others to go outside, whillst typing on their pc, inside!

Who says we're typing on a PC, inside? :p

There isn't an option to suit me, I had a ps1 own a ps2 and share a house with a guy who has an xbox 360 which i have grown to prefer to ps2 even tho i felt original xbox didn't compare. As for the ps3, i refuse to pay over the odds for a machine that might only be as good as the 360.

You cannot beat a powerful PC for gaming. But is does cost to keep upto date with technology. Thing is, that PC technology has developed faster than the games themselves of late, so much so that 18month old PC technology will easily play the current games easily.

The great things about PC is the add ons mods and additional hacks or cheats that cant be done with consoles when you are really stuck (or have no time to play). I like the plug and play of the PS2 and has a great array of games, not many of which my son can play apart from footy, golf.

Saying this I've read that a lot of software houses are moving away from PC some which are moving toward the x box as it is basically a hard drive pc without the keyboard. I still think the next gen consoles are lagging behind and use press hype and great marketing to shift them

Winners ebay & Microsoft v Losers Sony & Nintendo & Gamers
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/11/29/entertainment/e111416S59.DTL

Fav Gaming Treat

Obtain one knackered Mitsubishi V6 Shogun. Remove engine (100 points for doing it in less than 6 hours) Rebore engine, rebuild engine, refit and turn key. Listen to "thunk" and start again. Good in theory but an added bonus, get Mitsubishi to strip half the engine first and throw some parts away. Lots of gaming fun :rolleyes: :D :devil:

blue190 said:
There isn't an option to suit me, I had a ps1 own a ps2 and share a house with a guy who has an xbox 360 which i have grown to prefer to ps2 even tho i felt original xbox didn't compare. As for the ps3, i refuse to pay over the odds for a machine that might only be as good as the 360.

The PS3 is a league above the XBox 360. If you can wait then pick one up when the price has dropped. It is a long term investment for Sony and the first few years will see real next gen games released - not just vaguely prettier versions of PGR etc.

I have had an X-box for about 2 years!? I have 4 games as I never play it :eek:
I only use my PC for this and Ebay :)
Other than that I am with Ian, only I am still stuck on level 1, W124 Engine swap...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom