Fax Send Service / email to Fax ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Anyone recommend a fax send service for very occasional (maybe 3~6 times a year) sending of a fax ?

I looked at a few that came up when I searched but they all seemed to be subscription based and offer a fax number which I don't need, just need to send the odd fax.

We slung our old fax machine out and I can't find an analogue modem anywhere to use one of the computers to send (we will have these somewhere). ;)

I use this app Pat. Have only needed it once when sending over some documents to BUPA.
‎FAX from iPhone - send fax it worked ok and you can buy credits as and when you need.

I use this app Pat. Have only needed it once when sending over some documents to BUPA.
‎FAX from iPhone - send fax it worked ok and you can buy credits as and when you need.

Thanks, will check it out for Android, i don't do Apple (except pie) or Facebook. ;)

I've used efax for years at maybe circa £30-£40 per year. I share the number/service with my brother for the same cost.

You receive faxes to email, you can send via a web interface or by emails with attachments as faxes.

Don't use it much any more obviously but has always fitted my requirements. I've had it with fax number for maybe 17 years since I started the first business.

Possibly a bit over the top for what you need but thought I would mention it anyway.

Get an e sig to add to documents.
It's what is approved elsewhere (Inc the FTSE 100 company I work at)

To be honest, in this day and age I can't see the need for a fax at all and the above advice about changing accountants may not be too far off.

In the last few years I've been increasing my "working at home" regime and have to do a lot of documentation with contracts etc. Anything that requires signatures can be done quickly and efficiently, usually on Adobe Acrobat with an electronically signed and certified signature. This is acceptable by all the companies i deal with. I can't remember the last time i used a fax, let alone was specifically asked for one.

Having said that, most companies I deal with, many of which are multi-nationals, will accept a scanned copy of a signed document. This was how my last contract was completed earlier this year.

Even 10 years ago they should have moved on from Fax machines.

It's a bit complicated, a pension trust that involves moving funds and has to be co-signed by all trustess some of which are financial institutions.

We still have to use a FAX for some banking issues. If I need a new member of staff to be allowed to access our payment system to authorise payments, they send me the forms and that has to be faxed back to them. I guess its just simpler for everyone concerned to send a FAX which is quite secure than setting up email encryption.

Last edited:
Hewlett-Packard multifunction printer/scanner/fax for £39 on Amazon?

Cheers,

Gaz

Hewlett-Packard multifunction printer/scanner/fax for £39 on Amazon?

I've got a Canon iR2020 and a franking machine in the back sitting room, if I mention bringing anything else in I'll end up with a bag packed for me at the front door. ;)

Got sorted today, FreeFax on android, allows me to send one page a day for free and buy credits if I need to send more.

Sent the fax today so sorted now, thanks all.

I remember when some companies would only accept telex!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom