fax to email

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

Ashley

I am looking for a fax to email service for incoming faxes.

At home I presently have to unplug my printer and plug in fax, I don't really mind this for sending as I am doing it in my own time (tbh I don't fax from home) but hate rushing to do it when I have a incoming fax.

I would prefer it to be free if not some sort of pay as you go (I only get a dozen at the most in a week).

cheers guys

Nice one any idea whats it costs to phone 0870 or 0871 number.

Its definitely a premium revenue making number. I think the charges are about 8p/min peak or 4p/min off peak.

Or just use Windows Small Business Server ?

WLeg said:
Or just use Windows Small Business Server ?

We have SBS 2003 at work . I would like to have a go at setting up fax sevices but dont you need a modem for each workstation? (sorry if that sounds a daft question).

steve_bcs said:
We have SBS 2003 at work . I would like to have a go at setting up fax sevices but dont you need a modem for each workstation? (sorry if that sounds a daft question).

No, you would not need a modem for each machine, as this will be handled centrally by the Server, which is the only machine which will need the modem. To set up the service on the server, just follow the wizard and it will do the whole setup for you.

We use SBS 2000, and the wizard is under the SBS Administration Console...to do list.. Setup modems.

Good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom