Feature or fault??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazz

Twice now my 2005 C55 AMG estate has unlocked the doors whilst driving. It only does it in high G manouvering. Both times it has been on roundabouts, once actually going round, and today whilst exiting, so it has done it once turning left and once turning right. I am talking about quite hard cornering, so wondered if it perhaps will do it deliberately if it thinks you are about to crash. No fault codes stored anywhere, so at a bit of a loss there. Is it a fault or supposed to do it?

Cheers!

There's a few cars that do this on high g situations BMW's definitely do but not sure about MB I've put some through bad lateral g on the ring and the doors have never popped but they've all been C63 or Brabus cars

I can see that your C class will unlock all doors in the case of an accident, but no mention of it happening at speed or cornering at high G

Interior light show? When my merc had its rust done, body work Solihull did a crap job of lining the doors up, this resulted in hard cornering causing the pin switch to think the doors was open, thus popping the locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom