Fed up of Rough Geabox changes when cold? TCC Solenoid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Apology's in advance for the language, My friend asked me to give him a hand changing the TCC Solenoid in his 2005 w203 c220 cdi 5g gearbox as he was so impressed with the gearbox in my e55 since i did the Tcc solenoid.

So i made a quick little video changing out the old solenoid with the new version, just abit of banter ;)

If you have a 5g gearbox and the changes are lumpy when cold particularly the 1st change 1st thing chances are its the tcc solenoid.

I also had tcc grabbing on and off on the over run down hill now its lovely and smooth, seriously its so worth doing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you have the part number handy for the 722.6 gearbox and do you know how much they are?

Do you have the part number handy for the 722.6 gearbox and do you know how much they are?

Yes sure, i did put it in the Youtube description, It is A2402701700 it was exactly the same for my s211 e55k, as my friends 2005 w203 c220 cdi,

The Other Shift solenoids are different though, Genuine Mercedes TCC Valves were used which were £50-60 The shift valves are quite abit more expensive. I had already had 3 of mine replaced iand i still had i small bump in the shifting when cold along with the Grabbing feeling.

A new TCC valve sorted out straight away and now the box feels like Brand new in both cars.

Thanks and nice vid that is helpful.

I think my car may need doing as I do feel a slight rough shift from 1st to second (in C). Will need to check how it behaves in S but only for the first 5 mins or so when cold.

Yes thats how my e55 was, Abrupt changes for the 1st 3 miles or so untill semi warm then it was perfect alday till the next cold start.

My Previous e320 cdi 5g box was similar, 1st change when cold always lumped into the next gear then it was fine. They all do it pretty much some worse than others. Wish id done this to my other cars the box is super smooth now cold or hot.

Yes sure, i did put it in the Youtube description, It is A2402701700 it was exactly the same for my s211 e55k, as my friends 2005 w203 c220 cdi,

Gav @merc85

Is that the correct part number and did you get it from Mercedes?
Just searched it on Xentry but does not come up at all.

Do you know the part number of the old one you replaced?

Going to be doing a fluid change on the W212 so thought a good opportunity to do the mod.
Looks like the Torque Convertor Lock solenoid is A1402770035 and that shows as replaced by A1402770435.

This is the exact one i replaced Pat,

The 55 is still running great been putting quite a few miles on her of late. Box is still super smooth hot and cold. :banana:

This is the exact one i replaced Pat,
The 55 is still running great been putting quite a few miles on her of late. Box is still super smooth hot and cold. :banana:

Thanks Gav

£61.56 OEM from Mercedes so I just added it to my parts order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom