Fed Up With Ebay & Hong Kong Seller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrispy

Car
97 W202
I ordered the w202 grille with star over 3 weeks ago from a seller in Hong Kong (HK-plus). Including postage it cost me a grand total of £69 so I thought it was a steal. After numerous e-mails to the comapny (none replied to) I was forced into lodging a dispute with them. Four days later I have now received an e-mail offering me refund on the item which I don't want, I still want the grille. They are saying there's a back order on it and it will take some considerable time but as of last night they were still showing 4 in stock.

This has soured me to ebay now and I don't think i'll be using them again.

Get your money back , and get one from Powerstyling.de ....

Not sure if powerstyling do the exact grill you are looking for but I can recommend them, I bought mine from them, took just a few days to arrive, good quality too.

A little tip when it comes to Ebay, do NOT by from sellers from far off places such as HK, US and Europe are generally ok. There are always scams in HK, even if you go there they rip you off in front of there faces, so god only knows what there like via ebay.

I'm not sure if you're actually asking for advice etc or just having a rant. If the latter then yes - frustrating - but a sad fact of life.

If it's the former then I don't think you can let one bad experience through one seller influence you totally about how good/bad ebay as an entity is. If it's your one and only expereince than that would be different though ;)

Similarly, you've raised a complaint and they've offered to give your money back - they've told you they can't fulfill your order so you have the choice - wait or take the refund. If it were me I'd cut my losses and take the money. tbh waiting 3 weeks for something from Hong Kong isn't that long so depending how desperate you are for this specific item would a fewof more weeks matter that much? Or do you have no confidence in this thing arriving - in which case - take your money and run.;)

As has been said - there are other alternatives - try those.

I've bought literally untold off Ebay ..... never been ripped off ... touch wood ...

Pick and choose who you buy from , if it doesn't seem right , then buy somewhere else ...

Just a word of warning when buying from non EU Countries. If the value of the item is over a certain limit (I can't remember exectly but it's not a lot) then you become liable for import duty if HM Revenue & Customs get wind.

I got stung in this way buying an iPod from Hong Kong. Had to pay £40 on top of the purchase price to get the item released from cutoms. I complained to ebay as the seller advertised that all items came from UK but never got my money back. So be careful.

I'm still willing to sell you mine if you want it.

Ok mate. Let me sort out this bloody paypal payment off them and i'll take yours. I really wanted one with the surround but the wife has told me she'll polish the other one up :D I should have bought yours in the first place :( PM me a price and details to send payment to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom