Fed Up with my MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pieater

Car
Mercedes E250
Got an E250 Coupe 2011 (c207) a few weeks ago and I am absolutely fed up with it. All I want to do is play my music through the audio 50 aps system and have up to date maps, can I do either NO!!
Took it to local MB dealer, gave them £100 of my hard earned cash and yes they did upgrade my maps, all the way up to 2013 edition, useless.
Have purchased and connected MB cables to the Media Interface socket and connected various phones and iPods and non are compatible.
I give up, going to get my poxy Megan back, at least it was more up to date as far as Bluetooth, media streaming etc. was concerned. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

If that's all you want from a car .....

Bmw!!!! Get a Bmw!!!! You can do all that and with esys and a friendly forum get updates and loads of software customisation!!!

Or a Lexus!

Everything works so seamlessly, even the Bluetooth music (from my phone), which has never worked on my MB.

Shame you've got the hump with it but it's just to do with the spec of that model year, not the cars fault exactly.

A friend of mine has a 2010 Audi without phone call Bluetooth, let alone audio streaming!

Helpful

Thanks whitenemisis, obviously that a not all but when your paying thousands for a car you expect it to be up to date with technology. This so called premier motor vehicle is way way behind almost all of its competitors.
Thanks for the advice Lennox, it's off to the Beamer dealer at the weakened not only to get an up to date car but so I can hopefully use a foram without idiots talking bull. Bey Bey MB you won't be missed.

It's 2016.

And you've bought a 2011 car.

Good luck with the BMW!

CryingBaby.jpg

My March 2013 build E350 Coupe does not have DAB , when I purchased the Car in Nov 2013 I just assumed it did , at the time I was rather peeved about it and was on the lookout for someone to blame for this oversight, realised it was down to me to have double checked , soon got over my disappointment , just love this V6 E350 :thumb:

There are many ways to get direct streaming music off your phone, with adapter units.

Our 2016 A250 doesn't have DAB.... Again, no one to blame but me.

I just assumed that it would have DAB seeing as we had comand!

I should know never to assume lol :doh:

Our 2016 A250 doesn't have DAB.... Again, no one to blame but me.

I just assumed that it would have DAB seeing as we had comand!

I should know never to assume lol :doh:

I was massively surprised when I got in a 16 B180d with blingy AMG kit, and no DAB.
I couldn't live with a non-DAB car now, a life without 6 music is one not worth living!

Not sure what the issue is, but i got a cable off ebay for about £9 and connected straight away to Ipod, he should have asked for help first.

Don't think he will be using his indicators on his BMW!

Why is DAB so highly regarded?

No idea but the audio person who kitted my Jeep out swears by it. The benefits are the massive choice of programmes available, but these tend to be outweighed by the constant loss of signal in my area.

I believe that DAB is still not a recognised International standard yet, with other countries still experimenting with other types of broadcast, though stand to be corrected here.

I tend to stick with FM in mine, primarily for traffic updates I suppose...

Why is DAB so highly regarded?

As stated above, much wider selection of stations, with some that offer just what I want from a musical taste point of view (aforementioned 6 music..)

There are some issues with signal, but where I live, and my frequently traveled routes, I've never had any issues.
I have two in the house, and sometimes bit flaky but overall very good.

No idea but the audio person who kitted my Jeep out swears by it. The benefits are the massive choice of programmes available, but these tend to be outweighed by the constant loss of signal in my area.

I believe that DAB is still not a recognised International standard yet, with other countries still experimenting with other types of broadcast, though stand to be corrected here.

I tend to stick with FM in mine, primarily for traffic updates I suppose...

DAB can be streamed by your phone app and played by Bluetooth in the car.
That how I do it in my 2016 vito because dab wasn't a option.

DAB can be streamed by your phone app and played by Bluetooth in the car.
That how I do it in my 2016 vito because dab wasn't a option.

This is me you're talking to B...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom