Fed up with phone sales?

blue190

Car
Birthday present - 94L 190e 2.0 in Black, 88F Volvo 740 auto estate (only for towing!!)
It won't stop some of the more unscrupulous telemarketers/sales based over here too, a lot of them don't fork out for proper lists and just plough through the phone book for the particular area they are covering. Which I know from experience.

C43AMG

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
I have used them for a long time, have not received one sales call since.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Likewise I registered with TPS and MPS. TPS one works. I get the very occasional one but I ask them if they know what they're doing is illegal. There's usually a little squeak and they ring off:D :D :D

MBManInKen

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S500 LWB (V220)
It won't stop some of the more unscrupulous telemarketers/sales based over here too
TPS has certainly helped reduce the sales calls for me, but as you say there are foreign companies not bound by it and also some less scrupulous British companies that ignore it.

I got cold called by a company a while ago, despite being registered with TPS. I told them to bog off and stop calling me and said I was on TPS. That didn't stop them from calling me again several times the same day.

I then asked for the company number, looked up their details on the Companies House website and filed a complaint with TPS. That finally did the trick :crazy:

Chris_J

Car
C220 CDi Coupe
Not had any calls either since registering with TPS.

blue190

Car
Birthday present - 94L 190e 2.0 in Black, 88F Volvo 740 auto estate (only for towing!!)
I hadn't heard of TPS until someone i called while working for an unscrupulous firm (was v poor and desperate for money, don't admonish me), did something similar to mbmaninken, and akin to what pammy said i squeaked and rang off!!

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
Thanks for the link. I've just registered the business line. We get at about half a dozen calls a day from people asking to "speak to the person who deals with advertising/telephone/electric/alarm system/CCTV/safety/business rates, etc, etc"

Really annoying when we're busy. Fingers crossed.

shadowninja

Unscrupulous or otherwise, if they don't check the TPS, then just report them and they could be seriously fined. Note that upon registering, it takes 28 days to propogate so don't be surprised if you still get calls at the start of May.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
Is there a similar system for faxes? Our work fax gets inundated with junk

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
CLS 500 / A 150
I registered our home number with the TPS last year and not a cold call since ! :bannana:

Our work number was getting approx 10 unsolicited faxes a day , using up our ink and paper ...

I registered it with the FPS and none since ....

It's all good !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom