Fed up with phone sales?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It won't stop some of the more unscrupulous telemarketers/sales based over here too, a lot of them don't fork out for proper lists and just plough through the phone book for the particular area they are covering. Which I know from experience.

I have used them for a long time, have not received one sales call since.

Likewise I registered with TPS and MPS. TPS one works. I get the very occasional one but I ask them if they know what they're doing is illegal. There's usually a little squeak and they ring off:D :D :D

It won't stop some of the more unscrupulous telemarketers/sales based over here too

TPS has certainly helped reduce the sales calls for me, but as you say there are foreign companies not bound by it and also some less scrupulous British companies that ignore it.

I got cold called by a company a while ago, despite being registered with TPS. I told them to bog off and stop calling me and said I was on TPS. That didn't stop them from calling me again several times the same day.

I then asked for the company number, looked up their details on the Companies House website and filed a complaint with TPS. That finally did the trick :crazy:

Not had any calls either since registering with TPS.

I hadn't heard of TPS until someone i called while working for an unscrupulous firm (was v poor and desperate for money, don't admonish me), did something similar to mbmaninken, and akin to what pammy said i squeaked and rang off!!

Thanks for the link. I've just registered the business line. We get at about half a dozen calls a day from people asking to "speak to the person who deals with advertising/telephone/electric/alarm system/CCTV/safety/business rates, etc, etc"

Really annoying when we're busy. Fingers crossed.

Unscrupulous or otherwise, if they don't check the TPS, then just report them and they could be seriously fined. Note that upon registering, it takes 28 days to propogate so don't be surprised if you still get calls at the start of May.

Is there a similar system for faxes? Our work fax gets inundated with junk

I registered our home number with the TPS last year and not a cold call since ! :bannana:

Our work number was getting approx 10 unsolicited faxes a day , using up our ink and paper ...

I registered it with the FPS and none since ....

It's all good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom