Fed up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
Fed up of:

Painting
Buying paint
Cleaning brushes, rollers and trays
Throwing away brushes, rollers and trays
Buying more bloody paint

And if I get asked one more time if I have a "Spend n Save" card buy the same moron everytime I go to the DIY store, I'm gonna shove the brushes in his till

Apart from that, it's raining, my other half is working, I should be painting but I'm gonna now go and watch the Grand Prix :bannana:

I feel better now :cool:

I know how you feel! :eek:

But it will all be worth it in the long run - and at least if the weather's rubbish - you're not yearning to be out in the sun.:D

Fed up of:

Painting
Buying paint
Cleaning brushes, rollers and trays
Throwing away brushes, rollers and trays
Buying more bloody paint

I feel better now :cool:

you can save yourself some time and effort on the paint trays
if you put tin foil in first,you can keep the tray clean and just change the
foil . :D
I have just finished my porch and hallway. :devil:

I tend to throw away and buy new, I always leave them and paintbrushes and rollers to go hard, oops....

Good job I don't paint very often! :D

Last edited:
:devil: I always tend to get more paint on me than the wall......I've ruined quite a few clothes in my efforts!

There's an answer to that -- but being a gentleman I wont suggest you remove them first...:bannana:

Or wear old clothes...

Last edited:
I tend to throw away and buy new, I always leave them and paintbrushes and rollers to go hard, oops....

Good job I don't paint very often! :D

But if you buy them at Trago , you can afford to do that ...

I do all the painting and maintenance at The Wharf Restaurant ( www.thewharfteddington.com ) .... it's like the Forth Bridge, when you get to the end , you start again at the beginning ! ....

I get all my gear in Trago when i go to visit my pals in Cornwall ....

Roller trays 50p , 4 inch rollers x 10 £1.99 etc etc etc ....

Havn't washed a roller out in years !! My one concession , is i do buy good quality brushes for gloss work ....

Last edited:
Aaaah, glossing, my favourite job of all time.

You're right about cheap trays, I did buy some lining "trays" which fitted into the trays, so then I thought, why buy a tray when a "tray" will do? I got right confused at Homebase I can tell you. I will try the foil technique, but according to the shopping channels I was watching this morning (I couldn't sleep, got bad back - that's decorating for you) I will tread on trays and knock them over, spilling paint everywhere... What I need, apparently, is a 'paint system' or the 'Tuxedo paint master' :rolleyes: . I'm sure people buy this rubbish...

So, anyway, after a mooch around the tool section (isn't it weird, I can spend literally hours there feeling all the tools but in the paint/new bathroom/new kitchen/cushions/vases/door handle section I feel like the world has ended :confused:) I purchased another gallon of paint and made my way to the till, was asked if I had a Spend n Save card, the look I gave the poor young man I think explained that I didn't have a card, didn't want a card, couldn't care less about the card, and wasn't looking forward to the trudge thru' the car park to get soaked in the pouring rain...

So, here I am, hungry, got gloss over my hands, beer next to me, back aching, work tomorrow...

Someone cheer me up haha

(But you're right Pammy, it will be worth it in the end!)

Last edited:
I put cling film around the brushes....keeps them wet between coats etc.

"I was stood amongst the tools, admiring the sparkling assortments of smooth shafts upon the chromium vanadium equipment. My eyes were immediately drawn to the tactile coating of the numerous handhelds and I couldn't help but cop a feel"

That doesn't really work either does it

, I can spend literally hours there feeling all the tools ....................

Perhaps I should rephrase that, rather than probably looking like a tool whilst feeling the tool(s)
redface.gif
ahem

I don't think that's any better. Have another go..

yeah go on - see how big a hole you can dig:D :D :D

I put cling film around the brushes....keeps them wet between coats etc.

I do that :)

I bought a thing from the Ideal Home Exhibition about 6 or 7 years ago called a "Dandy". It's an attachment for your power drill which spins the paint off the brushes into an old bucket or cardboard box.

I must say I was scepticle at first but it does work brilliantly and I wouldn't be without it now.

It works so well you can change from black gloss to white gloss in about 3 minutes with the same brush!

It works with rollers or brushes.

The other bonus is that I have been using the same set of brushes all this time and they are still like new :)

I've heard of those, and also seen the dedicated brushes with built in drill attachment. I have my doubts; perhaps I should give them a try... I would have thought they would damage the bristles. Perhaps not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom