Fedex delivery or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
Bought an aftermarket part from China for my Range Rover last week. Fedex shipment, supposed to be delivered today. Checked the tracking. China to Dubai. Dubai to Charles de Gaulle. Charles de Gaulle to Stansted. Stansted to Edinburgh. Sat in Edinburgh at Fedex facility since Saturday as seller requested weekday delivery.
Today 9.15am on Fedex vehicle for delivery. (Edinburgh is about 60 miles from me & delivery was before 6.00pm which is fine)
3.00pm in Charles de Gaulle
4.00pm in Edinburgh (Delay)
5.30pm in Edinburgh at Fedex Facility (and the delivery day & time has now vanished from tracking)
WTF

Bought an aftermarket part from China for my Range Rover last week. Fedex shipment, supposed to be delivered today. Checked the tracking. China to Dubai. Dubai to Charles de Gaulle. Charles de Gaulle to Stansted. Stansted to Edinburgh. Sat in Edinburgh at Fedex facility since Saturday as seller requested weekday delivery.
Today 9.15am on Fedex vehicle for delivery. (Edinburgh is about 60 miles from me & delivery was before 6.00pm which is fine)
3.00pm in Charles de Gaulle
4.00pm in Edinburgh (Delay)
5.30pm in Edinburgh at Fedex Facility (and the delivery day & time has now vanished from tracking)
WTF
My company uses a wide range of carriers for overseas shipments and to be fair all of them seem to be struggling at present. We find UPS are consistently late on shipments from the States, but seem quite good on Euro stuff. DHL are rubbish on European shipments but they consistently manage to get USA shipments to us from Texas in 3 days.
Luck of the draw mostly TBH.

FEDEX are absolute pants.
I live off the beaten track and every courier can deliver to me except fedex, whenever I see its a fedex parcel i call them and provide exact directions to my place - otherwise it gets returned to sender with address not found.

I bought another part from another Chinese company last week. Fedex again & it was perfect. Delivery when they said. Tracking slightly different. Dubai to Stansted. Obviously they plan their routes to suit, but this time Edinburgh to France. & back. Words :fail::dk:

Finally arrived Tuesday. Told the delivery driver what had happened, he did not seem surprised, but at least its here & only a day late. More annoying than a problem.

One day late coming from China. Is not that bad.

Glad it arrived

All couriers are total muppets. I had one the other day that buzzed at the gate, then slid through the small gap alongside the gate with me hanging on the phone saying hello. Then he puts the parcel at the front door in the rain, and heads back to the gate. No door bell ring. When I remonstrated he felt he was perfectly in the right.
This is the last in a litany of poor couriers. And the way they park, when delivering. Maybe fine for the back streets of Bucharest but not on busy UK roads.
Rant over.

Denis O, That wasn't a rant , it was an observation of something most of us are experiencing. We have a very prominent brass doorknocker on our front door at face height. When used the sound it makes can not be missed in my house.

The amount of times we hear (or don't hear) a muffled bump on the door only to find a courier either leaving a package on the doorstep or setting off in his van (it's always a him) use the FRUCKING DOOR KNOCKER YOU RETARD !!!

I could go on as I actually know a few blokes who work in this game ...., but what's the point

Rant over.

Denis O, That wasn't a rant , it was an observation of something most of us are experiencing. We have a very prominent brass doorknocker on our front door at face height. When used the sound it makes can not be missed in my house.

The amount of times we hear (or don't hear) a muffled bump on the door only to find a courier either leaving a package on the doorstep or setting off in his van (it's always a him) use the FRUCKING DOOR KNOCKER YOU RETARD !!!

I could go on as I actually know a few blokes who work in this game ...., but what's the point

Rant over.
Similarly, we have 2 door bell pushes (big & illuminated) and a printed sign that states" Deliveries - please ring both bells", (one rings in the mancave at the end of the garden where I spend my working days and one rings in the house).
We still get the drivers who simply bang on the front window and then wonder why no-one responds......:wallbash:

All couriers are total muppets..................Maybe fine for the back streets of Bucharest but not on busy UK roads.
No, they are not all muppets. Most are working hard to makea living from a near impossible schedule of drops. The tracking systems are resonably accurate and the couriers polite enough given they don't have time a chat.

I think you'll find the back streets of Bucharest are a lot busier than the Weald of Kent ;)

Hemeroids always seems to struggle when delivering to my work, i work in a building where the entrance door is on a wall made solely of glass, so you can see right in that folks are inside and i always get a message usually around mid afternoon saying could not deliver no answer, the only logical explanation is they are trying to deliver to a fire exit door, muppets!

Spare a thought for the beleaguered delivery folk!

I was sitting at the level crossing and a bunch of kids decided to play Postmans Knock-they knocked and ran,but nobody answered!

I thought how good to see this activity,rather than vandalising the litter bins in the vicinity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom