Feedback on web-site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Following on from this mornings drama I am having an evening of website design. Please bear in mind that I am an amateur, so the results are not professional.

It's a website for a community group pre-school that my partner is chair of - It would be nice to get some impartial feedback, especially from people who are using something other than IE8.

Images are limited at the moment, as it's the holidays so difficult to get permission to use them until the new term.

David

I'll add the website address too! - www.missonpreschool.co.uk

Last edited:
Some thoughts:

Avoid the front page that adds no information approach (fine for a booklet, not not for a web site) - people go to this sort of web site go get information, why make them have to use an extra click. When the new logo front page on this site was introduced I then changed my bookmark to go straight to the main page.

So perhaps have a couple of para's on the front page (values/mission statement etc) along with the kids quotes etc, and the location - that way when people hit the front page they know quickly if it's worth exploring further or not.

Also how about some photos, kids can be difficult with permission, child protection to worry about, but as long as no names are given that's achievable - even without happy looking kids, some photos of the indoor/outdoor environment would help.

HTH

Thanks for that. The last website just had the logo which was boring. The thinking in the child quotes which will be improved in time, is we are trying to catch the attention of the first time visitor - we want them to see that the children enjoy the school, and then go further. I accept this means the repeat visitor will have to look beyond this.

Photo's will follow, but given we are in summer holidays unless I can find who has the images from the information leaflet it may be in September.

Just had a quick look with Safari 4.0.2.
On the 'about us page' the bottom half of the last line is missing (line just above the address).
Font on 'lunch' and 'fees' pages are different size from other pages.
Sorry to be picky.:eek:

Just had a quick look with Safari 4.0.2.
On the 'about us page' the bottom half of the last line is missing (line just above the address).
Font on 'lunch' and 'fees' pages are different size from other pages.
Sorry to be picky.:eek:

Picky is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom