Feedback please - E220 Cdi Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Empi5

Car
Audi A6 black edition
Mods please feel free to move to more specific area, I was hoping to gather as much information as possible in preparation for a meeting next week.

Basically, we are having a running dispute with Mercedes in the way our E220 Cdi Sport, Blue Efficiency performs. Purchased in October 2010 from new, already had Injector failure and then an Injector Seal Failure, resulting in roadside recoveries.

What i would like to hear from is feedback from other users who drive this model, and there thoughts on how it drives/performs.

My problem with the car, is the resistance feeding back from the front/rear wheels, which transform into an uncomfortable driving experience/vibration. The car almosts feels like its bobbling across the surface.

The engine since the injector failure i feel is weaker than prior to the problems, resulting in the car almost struggling on occasions.

Mercedes answer is that its the Sports Suspension, and this is indicative of this type of model. If it is, then so be it, we have foolishly bought the wrong car, and have to live with it for 3 years. They are willing to talk to us, but I would like drivers feedback if possible.

Thanks

Vibration? Are the wheels balanced properly?

Sports suspension should make the car maybe ride less well, more firmly so it may crash/thud occasionally but not constantly vibrate.

Resistance from the front wheels, does this happen at higher speeds, could be the servotronic steering on the sports which reduces the level of assistance as the speed increases

Vibration? Are the wheels balanced properly?

Sports suspension should make the car maybe ride less well, more firmly so it may crash/thud occasionally but not constantly vibrate.

Resistance from the front wheels, does this happen at higher speeds, could be the servotronic steering on the sports which reduces the level of assistance as the speed increases

Thanks for the reply, its difficult to explain, the sensation is not a vibration , ie speed wobble etc. I would describe it similar to your phrase, crash/thud, but its constant. Maybe it is a trait of the sports suspension ? Apart from it pulling to the left quite dramatically.

I have had independent lazer alignments etc, and all was reported back normal.

Car should not pull to the left, simple as.

However cambers of UK roads can give this and I was convinced a BMW I had had thi issue but there is a little *** test to do....

Go to a flat supermarket car park when its dead, park up in a space and have the wheels pointing dead straight. Drive off with hands off the wheel. The car should go straight, if not, then you have issues.

If the car feels like it "fidgets" over imperfect road surfaces, thats a combination of low profile tyres, and firm suspension. I'd test another e220 sport to see if its true or an issue with your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom