feedback required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, no feedback for the above, but I have a chip from these guy's. Not a million miles from you either.

http://www.torqtec.com/

Thanks, but they just do chips for diesels(?) - mines petrol version.

Evolve do a 'stage 1' +45bhp remap for 999 pounds. Not cheap, but thats a big increase in bhp for just remapping.
I would be happier if I heard some good reports before considering it further.

Jay

Jay. If they will dyno your car before and after and show an honest 45bhp gain then we'll all be queing up. I had my car remapped by Upsolute and it was barely faster and I think the dyno showed 3bhp extra on peak and a 20bhp gain across one blip on the graph.

Your car has about 163 bhp so they are claiming 208bhp when it takes Mercedes a different supercharger and different pistons and different compression ratio to get to 193bhp.

Sounds to good to be true.......

Jay. If they will dyno your car before and after and show an honest 45bhp gain then we'll all be queing up. I had my car remapped by Upsolute and it was barely faster and I think the dyno showed 3bhp extra on peak and a 20bhp gain across one blip on the graph.

Your car has about 163 bhp so they are claiming 208bhp when it takes Mercedes a different supercharger and different pistons and different compression ratio to get to 193bhp.

Sounds to good to be true.......

The question is ..... "wonder why they change these items when all they need do is "remap"?"... could it be something to do with ..........reliability or longevity ?

Crockers the cynic.....

Hi,

Thanks guys. I agree. Just spoke to them. It does involve pulley change as well so it does seem inline with other sources. However, the prices quoted are out of date! Price is now 1250 inc vat but that does include fitting the pulley.

No guarantee on final increase - as useual.:mad:

Hi,

Thanks guys. I agree. Just spoke to them. It does involve pulley change as well so it does seem inline with other sources. However, the prices quoted are out of date! Price is now 1250 inc vat but that does include fitting the pulley.

No guarantee on final increase - as useual.:mad:

The price isn't too bad if it gave you 208bhp (or anywhere near) but without some sort of guarantee/refund etc. Its a bit risky isn't it-mind you Kleemann/Brabus don't guarantee anything either.

The price isn't too bad if it gave you 208bhp (or anywhere near) but without some sort of guarantee/refund etc. Its a bit risky isn't it-mind you Kleemann/Brabus don't guarantee anything either.

Yeah, my feeling is, that it's a big chunk of money to throw at something without knowing for certain the results/long term effects.

My other thought is perhaps sticking with a remap (not sure which one) and the header / cat replacement. I think this would possibly be the most 'sensible' route as its just breathing/fueling mods which should have no effects on reliabillity(?)

Problem is this would be well over my intended budget of about a grand.

If I get chance over the next few days, I'll copy these last few posts to your M271 thread. Could put a link on this one back to M271 - save having 2 threads covering same thing. Is that a good idea/allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom