Feel Like Crying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

syfaphonetic

Car
F355 Berlinetta
I was about to order some leather treatment - however I have just discovered a rip in my leather where I picked up a friend from the pub last night.. to make matters worse I discovered it after I had taken the roof off and discovered a rip in the 'plexi-glass' on my back soft top which has been stored since last october...... It's now booked in at local Ferrari garage to have it all attended too - but how gutting is that :(

If anyone is interested the plexi glass is being replaced in its entirety and sticked back in (including sidepanels) for £310+VAT - leather repair unquoted for at present (quite small so shouldnt hurt too much?!?!!?)

I know :(

hey Peter my SL is an older one - I want the auto dimming mirror - does yours have it?

Hi,
No :( but while I was looking for mine I looked at a P plate that had one.
My understanding it that you can retro fit it quite easily and the wire for it can be run out of the pod where the wiper sensor is, or may be in place already. Its on my list of mods to do...

Replace center sunglasses box
Better speakers
Re polish or replace my alloys
Part Wooden steeing wheel
Autodimming RVM/ wing mirrors
New steel tip for my exhaust (I might end up unbolting the current one and getting it chromed)

Sorry to go off topic, but the steel tip is avaiable fairly cheapily from the dealers as they were fitted to some of the later R129 SL's.

Wood steering wheel is great, there are two types one has a complete wooden top and bottom and leather sides and the other type has wood and leather on top and wood portions at the lower left and right quarters and leather at the bottom. I have the latter and its lovely.

The RVM is usefull, i would think that it is a straight fit as it has been on other MB models.

Ill have a chat with my mooooonlighter and ask his advice.... will let you know :) .... can you get rid of that awful tape holder below the centre console the slide down shutter next to the slider for the ashtray in my car is full of tape holders i hate it!

syfaphonetic said:
Ill have a chat with my mooooonlighter and ask his advice.... will let you know :) .... can you get rid of that awful tape holder below the centre console the slide down shutter next to the slider for the ashtray in my car is full of tape holders i hate it!
yes :) I have two cup holders there instead :) vary useful as they fold away and to can use the space to collect junk. I also believe that they did a cd box for that compartment as well :)

If I remember correctly in order to have the cup holders in that compartment the ashtray and the cig lighter is moved to the lowest compartment on the center console.

However, was just thinking, if you don't need the ashtray then you could just wire the power socket to elsewhere. Wonder how much those cup holders are?

Tan said:
If I remember correctly in order to have the cup holders in that compartment the ashtray and the cig lighter is moved to the lowest compartment on the center console.

However, was just thinking, if you don't need the ashtray then you could just wire the power socket to elsewhere. Wonder how much those cup holders are?
I don't have a lighter or ashtray at all though :) I would not think they are very expensive the hard part would by fitting it... Tan, Have you changed your mind about selling your SL? or are you still considering it ?

peterchurch said:
I don't have a lighter or ashtray at all though :) I would not think they are very expensive the hard part would by fitting it... Tan, Have you changed your mind about selling your SL? or are you still considering it ?

Well part of changing my car was that I was also going to sell my Dad's s-class. However, we were out in it at the weekend and between me and my Brother decided that the S-class was too good a car to sell...so its staying.

Regards my SL, I am going to get it checked over to give me some idea of what it may cost to get a few nigles sorted and am most likely to keep it, as there is absolutely nothing else out there that I want without borrowing around £10K, which I don't want to do at the moment.

I have the exact same problem a rip in the drivers seat bolster from wear down to the thread and 2 cracks in my rear screen where it folds on each side by the stitching.
Is the £310 including all the rear panels being replaced?
What are u going to about your tear is there any quick /cheap fix for this kind of problem??
Pete

Just got confirmation about the cupholders, he is getting me a 'buddy' price tomorrow. yeah Tan keep the SL woohoo!!! oops :cool:

The £310 +VAT is the total quote for taking out the plexiglass - all three panels and stitching in three new panels (not merc stamped - but as used by Ferrari) - once done you have to train the fold for a couple of weeks into the s formation so it doesnt crease - after that it should last as long as the original - so i have been advised....

The leather I will have repaired - worse case the entire panel replaced - I will let you know the price - but if it is repaired the guy knows i expect it to be invisible :)

Hi, any news on the cup holders? I have spoken to one of my local dealers and they have not got a clue... does not exist according to them. I told them that I know they do and have seen them.

Regards fitting the cup holders, i have the two part sliding cover on the center console, can they be fitted with this type or do I need to change it to the single pice cover.

Tan

Tan said:
Hi, any news on the cup holders? I have spoken to one of my local dealers and they have not got a clue... does not exist according to them. I told them that I know they do and have seen them.

Regards fitting the cup holders, i have the two part sliding cover on the center console, can they be fitted with this type or do I need to change it to the single pice cover.

Tan

How do you mean, in two parts?

My draw is a single long space, about 30cm or so...

I will post a photo here :)

Mine is in two parts because of the ash tray I think. I will also go take a photo.

Here's the picture of my centre boxes :)

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

Regards,

Peter

cool
mine is completely different :(
i have the two compartments - so i guess they wont fit. i havent had time to get to garage to ask yet :(

interior looks nice btw :)

You may find that you are buying the kit, or that the kit is available to convert it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom