Feeling delighted with my ebay purchase!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
Well, I'm truly 'made up' with my purchase of a mesh wind deflector for my little green Merc! Can't wait for it to arrive! So tired of bird's nest hair when the top is down. I have had to be quite careful because the pre-facelift fitting is different to the post-, it seems. This particular listing had very good pictures, I'm pleased to say.

Yippee!

Yet another positive post from you Lisa. You do spread happiness. :thumb:

Ant. :D

Best try it first.... There's one on my SL500, and it is definitely better with it up than not, but there's still enough air movement to mess up my hair.

What a kind thing to say Ant! I find myself smiling when I think of my little car, and even more so when I drive it with the top down. I feel I 'got a lot of bang for mŷ Buck' when I bought her and although she doesn't drive far, and certainly not fast, she just gives me a great deal of pleasure.

By the way, my 60th birthday is Tuesday and I have requested a 'float battery charger' for my birthday and I understand my husband is on the hunt for his selected model which he believes will be perfect for me to keep the green meanie fit in winter and the Honda fit in summer when they aren't used. He has also (at my request) passed on to me as a gift the extensive Autoglym set in the black carry bag he received with his Motability car, a Tiguan, in September 2015, as he will never use them. Can't wait to open it!

Happy birthday for Tuesday Lisa. :bannana:

Yes, Happy Birthday...

I always remember being a passenger in a new Z3 (back in 2000) which had a wind deflector.

Didn't feel like you were sitting in an open top at all. Very impressive.

I shaved my head for 'Children In Need' in 1997 and I've been shaving it ever since.

Years ago when our daughter was 3 she saw an old pic of me (with hair) and said "was that before Dad got poorly?"

Thanks all for your kind wishes. Maybe 60 won't be too bad!

Happy birthday Lisa!

I have the mesh wind deflector on my SLK and it does make a difference. There's still some buffeting, but no where near as much as without it! :)

Have just sat quite happily at 75mph for an hour on motorway in wife's slk with wind deflector and other than being a bit noisy it's been a great journey. Wouldn't want to do same without deflector as anything above 40 gets a bit blowy.

I'm just dying to receive it and put it on my car! Here I sit at my work desk on a fairly quiet day (the only one this week!) but in reality I'd love to be driving somewhere.

If the experience is anything like we had with the 968 cab Lisa, you'll be really happy with the difference a wind deflector makes. My wife has long hair, we collected the cab from north of Peterborough then drove to Aylesbury, next day home, no wind deflector, she was not happy with the roof down even with the side windows up. A few weeks and some research later I bought a proper Porsche 968 wind deflector, she is now more than happy to be in the car roof down, windows up there's no back draught, and only a little with the windows down - even at 70+ on the motorway. Last September we did a 19 day 2600 mile trip to Northern Spain and France, roof down every day, she loved the drive.

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes!

The deflector came today and as soon as I got home, couldn't wait to put it on! Now, I know how to deal with the little strap and poppers that go through the ickle buckles, and the loops that go round the buttons and the holes that go on the little hooks, but for the life of me I can't work out the point of the poppers on the top line of the deflector, can anyone help? It's the mesh deflector (perfect condition, excellent) for a 1999 pre-facelift SLK if that helps. Really hoping one of you lovely people can explain away my confusion!

Are you sure you are describing the deflector attachments? It sounds like some purchase from one of those "special" shops:D

Happy birthday !

Hahaha DSM (or should I say BSM???). Rereading, I suppose it does sound a bit like that. Defo the deflector though. Unfortunately, my handbook is for a post-facelift so it doesn't explain and I've no idea of photo bucket, so can't take a picture. Any ideas guys and gals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom