Feeling delighted with my ebay purchase!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was trying to show the EPC parts diagram for the Draft Stop for a 170.445, but it seems to be too large to post here.

On the outside of the top edge it shows a 'Strap - Draft Deflector'. Maybe the poppers are for these?

If you post up your VIN, I could check the diagram for your specific car

Many apologies, forgot to wish you Happy Birthday.

wGG17Zvt4fnYAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
Thanks all for your kind wishes. Maybe 60 won't be too bad!

Sorry Lisa.....but it's worse than you imagine.
At times I walk to the shops. On the return journey I keep an eye open for anything that may have fallen of on the outbound journey ;-)

Have a great day on the morrow...

Oh Woody, that's so funny! Thank you for making me laugh! And Codger, will my VIN number be on my V5 by any chance? Not keen to open the bonnet, I leave that to my favoured mechanic!

will my VIN number be on my V5 by any chance? Not keen to open the bonnet, I leave that to my favoured mechanic!

I'm pretty sure it is but VIN number will definitely be on the bottom right corner of the windscreen as you look at it from the front of the car.

Codger49 said:
Came across this old thread in which post#4 from alanf describes how to fit the deflector. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/71422-wind-deflecor-slk.html PS You made some posts later on this thread.

Yep, that was before I'd bought one and that thread explained to me the difference between the pre- and post-facelift versions (little strap and buckle as against popper snap only), but still doesn't explain the popper snap on the top line which seems to have nothing to attach to.

In any case, I'm thrilled to be testing it out on the way to work this morning, can't wait!

Belated best wishes from me also.

Ant was right - your posts do spread happiness, Thank you.

Oh gosh yes! It was a wonderful journey to work this morning, despite the fact the sun wasn't shining! I enjoyed it so much! In a few minutes, I'm invited to lunch with our accounts team (birthday thing) and although I will only be going a very short journey, about 5 mins, the top will be down! I get the impression my lack of knowledge about the poppers on the top line make no difference at all.

Thank you so much for saying you enjoy my posts, it really makes me happy and I'm glad they make you smile also.

Have a good day everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom