Feeling rough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When you're older (retired ) or sixty something, you can have a free pneumonia jab, only need one, and gives protection for ever, apparently. Get well soon.

Yep had mine - my wife went down with pneumonia last winter and was also almost in hospital. Seems to be more going around these days.

Infection marker over the last 4 days has reduced from 519 (apparently it went over 600 at one point but they didn’t think to tell me at the time) to 391, to 245 and today to 110. So on that basis I could be fit for release very soon.
BUT they still have me on oxygen to maintain a minimum blood saturation level of 94%
Yesterday they reduced oxygen from 60% to 40%. Today they have reduced it to 35% then 28%. I now have to pass their tests at 10:00, 02:00, 06:00 and probably 10:00 tomorrow before the next reduction.
The 06:00 one is the most difficult one when I’m least responsive.
Big bonus on the next drop is I get lo loose the full face mask an return to a couple of nostril tubes

Sounds grim Piff. Keep at it and you'll be home again soon.
Thanks for the updates. I hope you are being well fed too!

I don’t have much of an appetite, but food is ok. There are a few irregularities where they are not listening:-
Ask for bread and receive cold chewy toast
Ask for marmite and receive marmalade
As for green beans and receive carrots
Ask for white roll and receive brown
And that’s just today!
I don’t get stressed over that, but it seems bottom line basic nursing has been lost to tick sheets & computers.

I found that too. There appeared to be a national pea shortage when I was in, so whenever I ordered peas I got sweetcorn instead. I hate sweetcorn with a vengeance! I'd rather eat my shoes..

Cheers,

Gaz

I don’t get it. Is it incompetence, laziness or have they genuinely run out and can’t be bothered with an explanation?

Tick box mentality, I think. From a nutritional point of view, one portion of vegetables is very much like another, so give 'em what you've got on the shelf..

Cheers,

Gaz

Glad you are back home, but its a nightmare getting discharge papers. All the management they pay for and the NHS still can't get a simple discharge right.

Glad you are back home, but its a nightmare getting discharge papers. All the management they pay for and the NHS still can't get a simple discharge right.

It took my Mrs 20 minutes to arrange her departure from hospital, after two weeks incarceration she was somewhat assertive around the discharge process!

Home now.
Told fit to leave at 10:45 this morning. Paperwork took until 16:45 to sort, so 6 hours staring at the walls & blocking a bed.........
Happened to me a couple of years ago, 8 hours wait... though to be fair to the hospital (UCH) there was a junior doctors' strike at the time, and the tired-looking consultant that finally showed-up to discharge me didn't seem at all happy about having to do this sort of work...

Since discharge I was on 2 lots of antibiotics for 10 days. Antibiotics have caused “hairy tongue” which I’m still suffering with.
2 weeks after discharge I was able to go to gp to discuss high blood pressure & irregular heartbeat. Have been on blood pressure tablets for over 4 weeks now & blood pressure is closer to normal levels now. Have to go back to gp in a couple of weeks for a review.
Had a 24 hour ecg monitor fitted this week and currently waiting results.
Had a liver scan a couple of weeks ago together with additional blood test. Liver scan was ok - slightly fatty but as expected following serious infection and heavy antibiotics. Blood test showed I still had low level of infection.
Back to hospital this week for chest x-ray and another blood test. Chest x-ray appears clear, but waiting for confirmation from radiographer. Blood test clear of infection:banana:
Still don’t feel 100%, but I’m told lung tissue is fragile and takes a while to fully heal.

Thanks for the support while I was in hospital- much appreciated :thumb:

You certainly have had a bad winter ! Hopefully the better weather will be mirrored by your health and you will get to spend your time doing something other than sitting in hospital or doctors waiting rooms.
After continuous antibiotics I found taking live Goat Kefir ( not the cheap Polish variety ) - Google chucklingoat.co.uk, not cheap but very effective at restoring the bodies immune system, digestion and skin.
Worked brilliantly for me and I was a sceptic when my wife insisted I try it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom