Feeling that getting old feeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smart320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Toyota RAV4 3dr , SLK55amg, ML320 (2 ) A210 , E320 ( all gone )
Having just been diagnosed ( after an ultrasound and CT scan ) with a large hernia on the side of my waist, it’s the size of my hand so not rocket science as it appeared magically overnight ( but no kidney stones as previously thought). This after
suddenly needing a pacemaker in January this year I am not enjoying approaching 75 early next year.
Now I am driving around in my wife’s old RAV4, having sold the SLK55 AMG last November because I thought I was not feeling up to it’s performance, actually it was heart block and the pacemaker sorted me out so am missing my car, have since putthe cash into refurbishment of our recently purchased house.
To make it worse my youngest daughter has just told me they have switched their ML320 for a 20 plate GLC400d and having seen the spec I am feeling somewhat dejected.
buying myself a toy now not an option as just found out the wait to see a surgeon on the Welsh NHS likely to be 6-12 months plus then on to another long waiting list for the operation to repair it. So have organised to pay privately for the consultation and likely to need to find 3k plus for the operation.
Rant over , I should be happy that my recent ailments can all be sorted mechanically and that in fact I could man up and tell my wife that the visit by the builder to install a new main bathroom and turn the ground floor of the house into open plan has been cancelled and a nice v8 C63 will be delivered next week . Am still plucking up the courage………

Rant ? no ! Above all, when you're looking downhill as we are, do what makes you happy and lifts your spirits, you're important as well you know ! :thumb:

I know where you’re coming from - at 74 I’m finding it increasingly difficult to get out of the JZR - getting in is fine.

But having had a full range of ailments, (gall bladder, kidney stones, pancreatitis, TIA) I’m spurred on by another member of the JZR club who has 11 years on me, and whose only medical problem is smashed hands from a motorcycle accident. So no plans for getting rid of the 3 wheeler just yet...

Wishing you all the best with your health issues:thumb:
Growing older is unavoidable and we take good health as a given.
No so much fun when you don't feel great though.

Dodgy health comes with picking up a State Pension. It was in the small print.

It's fine, it's routine, this too shall pass.

But, if you can't buy yourself things which will please you now, something's gone wrong.

Bathrooms? Both sets of my grandparents kept their tin bath hanging on their Council house wall. (In the 1960's) The old bathroom is fine.

But make sure you'll enjoy whatever you buy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Getting older is great.
Memory loss: A few years ago I found a load of cider I had stashed in the garage for Christmas. I had forgotten all about it. What made it even better was that they were full 1 litre bottles, not the pathetic little ones you get now.
I also keep forgetting to do all of the ‘little’ jobs that Mrs Ted wants me to do. It sometimes takes three or even four reminders before I get down to doing them.
Now, you know when you are young, that feeling you get when after a really hard day’s work and you just flop into bed. Well now I get that feeling when I haven’t done a bloody thing all day. It’s brilliant!

I’m sure there’s lots more things I can think of, but I’m knackered after washing the car today.

Well guys its all in the mind.
At 74 I still open the business every day Mon /Fri & Saturday morning to all my whippersnapper young techs.
I love working with young Americans, and the motor vehicle business is like a disease once you are in it, its difficult to put down , or get out of it .
Feeling a bit jaded after 8 hours?
Then its a shot of this to rejuvenate, or stir the phagocytes as as the gal says Rugged Men.
Recognized in Argentina by Argie women who like rugged Nortenos with Landrovers
That stated beware of stagnation, exercise all your muscles & a furtive mind :-

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tuercas Viejas

...having sold the SLK55 AMG last November ...am missing my car ... am feeling somewhat dejected...
buying myself a toy now not an option

We're only 5 miles from Barry. When restrictions allow, come for a spin in the CLS500. That'll inspire you to get back in the driving seat! :)

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who has responded for your encouragement re. both the hernia and getting another V8 👍😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom