Fence paint on car :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haggis0073

Car
E220 W212 2013
Ahhhh so the neighbour painted their fence and the one side of car, roof and windows have brown specs everywhere. Any tips on which (if any) will remove, tried the usual warm soapy water to no avail

Ahhhh so the neighbour painted their fence and the one side of car, roof and windows have brown specs everywhere. Any tips on which (if any) will remove, tried the usual warm soapy water to no avail

WD40 and a lot of elbow grease might do it.

Also try carefully scraping it off with a plastic card.

Or you may need to resort to getting it polished-off using a DA.

Ahh yes clay bar, will get one ordered if the suggestion of wd40 does not work.

Not ready to approach neighbour yet to ask about what type of paint it was, probably best I leave that for a couple of days 🤬

Cheers for ideas 👍🏼👍🏼

Tar remover or white spirit should shift a solvent based paint, if it's water based polish it off.

My go to for this kind of thing is normally autoglym super resin polish. In fact used some today to get some sticky glue residue off my Alfa where I had to re-stick a badge on.

Have you spoken to neighbours- and see if they will pay for a mobile valet/detailer or if their house insurance will cover it.

I'd be very cautious with nail polish remover, that and cellulose thinners are very aggressive.

I'd use IPA, Meths or White Spirit first. White Spirit will shift a lot but tends to leave a greasy smelly finish (so you'll need to wash the car afterwards). Meths and IPA are also very safe on car paint and both are superb at removing water based paints.

I'd bet that if they've used one of those water-based brown fence paints it'll wipe right off with meths or IPA.

Aggressive pressure washing

Wife splattered the front of the Porker last week whilst painting the fence , she assured me she managed to get it all off but when washing it yesterday she clearly need a visit to Specsavers. A vigorous application of warm water / shampoo and a quick rub with the clay mitt sorted it out , i then had a go at the Porsche :D.

Cuprinol Red Cedar was the culprit.

K

It's water based paint. Warm water some elbow grease and a if necessary some polish worked on a neighbour's car a few years ago when their son was helping them in original karate kid hommage

Have you spoken to neighbours- and see if they will pay for a mobile valet/detailer or if their house insurance will cover it.
This before anything else. You didn't do it, they did. Don't make it worse friggin around with stuff. Don't ask us. Talk to an expert.

On the advert the Williams waterless wash wax gets spray paint off, you spray it on and the sofactants bring it off the paint with gentle rubbing. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom