Ferodo Brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aroppi

Car
W202 C280, E46 320i
hi all,
just wanna know whether Ferodo got the brake pads for C-Class (W202) or not. Thanks!!!

Ferrodo part number is FDB854 for most W202's, some of the higher performance models (230K, 280, C36 but not all of these!) use a different pad FDB1049.

Ferrodo are very good and unlike some brands don't squeak, most squeaking is caused by worn discs anyway, not always the pads to blame.

If you have good discs and the pads are fitted properly, I can guarantee that Ferrodo pads wont squeak or squeal.

Thanks SO MUCH for the replies!!!!

well, jimmy, my car is 1994 C280 (W202).
so... do U know the part number for this model?

According to my catalogues it should be pad FDB854.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot jimmy!!!
one more thing, could U show me some UK websites to order Ferodo pads?

Aron

Originally posted by aroppi
Thanks a lot jimmy!!!
one more thing, could U show me some UK websites to order Ferodo pads?

Aron

Errr, did you get my private message?

I can help you out, otherwise try Google or Ask Jeeves or better still go to a local motor factors who stock Ferodo. Most motor factors can get Ferodo through FPS, thats what I do.

Originally posted by GDC200
They should do BUT experience seems to show that non OEM brake pads often squeel. Caveat Emptor!

so do OEM pads!

My ML brakes have always squeaked! even with new MB pads, dealer calmed them down for a bit during last service but sqeaking again now

Thats good to know, Steve - I'm not the only one! Gentle braking is fine, but stand on the pedal a few times and they squeal like hell....most embarassing.

same here ... i went to great lengths with the dealer to stop the squealing ... they fitted new rear discs in the end, which has practically cured the problem .. but occasionaly when the brakes get hot, you can still hear them beginning to squeal ... goes away as soon as they cool down.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom