Ferrari 250GT - missed opportunity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...00310563604&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

I watched this finish today and wonder whether this was lost opportunity or a blessing that I left alone? I have a history of buying cars sight unseen off ebay and to date the experiences have been nothing other than perfect - lucky perhaps - but I could really have gone for this had I enough time to research

So - worth the money or does a new 250 engine and g'box make this an economic nightmare and not the dream i had hoped for ..........

What do you know?

For that amount of money you can drive something that gives no issues and no bother.

The days of people spending insane amounts of money on any hobby car are on hold for the next 7 to 10 years so expect to own it for at least that long, by which time it would have been bumped, scratched and worn all over again.

My idea of a vintage car is one which looks rough and is safe to drive. Putting them back to original is in my opinion only good for museums.

Yes, the original engine would make it uneconomical.

I'm very suspicious. It seems to me that there's something wrong with the interior. The instruments are too small, and they have black bezels. And the oil pressure gauge is missing from between the speedo and rev counter.

I'm not sure the dash should be leather-faced either.

Isn't it Cuba where they replace the big yank engines in classic US cars with Peugeot diesels etc?!

If the exchange rate was still decent, that could have been a £30k bargain, sort-of.
Seeing as it's already been 'americanised', I think I'd have to spend an extra tenner on hacksaw blades and get that roof off too :cool:

An original 250GT PF SIII Cabrilolet will be worth north of €250,000 original, matching numbers and decent provenance. These were actually what the 250gt california spyder were based on....the PF was the top of the range car and the california was a made to order sport version that was actually slightly cheaper.

The coupe was not quite as much sought after.

I can't bigin to imagine how much ot would cost to find an origianl 3 litre V12 Ferrari motor to go int his car then get it restored.....you'd get no change from £50,000 minimum, add that to the purchase price and you'll probably arrive at a figure greater than the car would be worth even if put back to imaculate condition.

I love these old cars, they are probably mechanically a nightmare to live with but they are so beautiful to look at.

An original 250GT PF SIII Cabrilolet will be worth north of €250,000 original, matching numbers and decent provenance. These were actually what the 250gt california spyder were based on....the PF was the top of the range car and the california was a made to order sport version that was actually slightly cheaper.

The coupe was not quite as much sought after.

I can't bigin to imagine how much ot would cost to find an origianl 3 litre V12 Ferrari motor to go int his car then get it restored.....you'd get no change from £50,000 minimum, add that to the purchase price and you'll probably arrive at a figure greater than the car would be worth even if put back to imaculate condition.

I love these old cars, they are probably mechanically a nightmare to live with but they are so beautiful to look at.

Not entirely sure I understand why these designs went out of production seeing as so many people like them.

Because their value is now due their age and rareity, if they had of been mass produced then they would not be as rare and therefore collectable.

And as with ferraris today they were not cheap.

Because their value is now due their age and rareity, if they had of been mass produced then they would not be as rare and therefore collectable.

And as with ferraris today they were not cheap.

Thankfully women are still in demand and there are a good Billion of them in circulation of the right marriage age.

Beauty never goes out of demand. Regardless of quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom