Ferrari Cali - death by E55K.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Pulled up behind me in lane 3 at traffic lights on a long bend and very long dual carriageway.

Started pulling away straight away and watched the gap get larger by the millisecond.

It did try hard - I could see the front lifting up but no match for the old girl...

It has 100KG on me but that 150BHP extra really helps... especially now the cooling is sorted.

Where's that Porsche I met last Summer... :bannana:

Thanks Acid, mate - you did her proud! :thumb:

:D

It's not big and it's not clever but a lot of fun.

Nice looking Fezza though although I prefer the 458/488.

This one:

Attachments

• Fez.JPG
    Fez.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 221
Eugh I hate not having an amg. Sounds like fun! I had a bit of fun with a California about 3 years ago in my cls55. Again now dramas pulling away from it.

When will you be back in an AMG?

I didn't rub it in though... as you can see I let him past so his female passenger could see the Ferrari could win against that old Merc.

Actually I had to stop for a lorry (which you can just see the shadow of on the roundabout) and so I could take a picture to find out what Ferrari it was. :D

Love it, good to see it's not just me occasionally letting her go :thumb:

Would love to have seen his face when trying to explain to his companion why he can't pass a four door saloon :eek:

JohnEBoy said:
When will you be back in an AMG? I didn't rub it in though... as you can see I let him past so his female passenger could see the Ferrari could win against that old Merc. Actually I had to stop for a lorry (which you can just see the shadow of on the roundabout) and so I could take a picture to find out what Ferrari it was. :D

I'm looking to get a cls55 amg early to mid 2017. So far away but it's what I see as sensible timing. These days I seem to be using my caddy sdi for everything. 69bhp what more could a man want!

"More than you can afford pal......Ferrari"

All over again haha

Ebay

If anyone's interested, there's a Ferrari Cali replica on eBay, based on a Mercedes SL55AMG, £28,500 ish.

Search Ferrari in Cars on ebay, sorry, I don't know how to post a link.

If anyone's interested, there's a Ferrari Cali replica on eBay, based on a Mercedes SL55AMG, £28,500 ish.

$_57.JPG

Ferrari California Replica Mercedes SL 55 AMG based | eBay

I'm looking to get a cls55 amg early to mid 2017. So far away but it's what I see as sensible timing. These days I seem to be using my caddy sdi for everything. 69bhp what more could a man want!

Less chance of being done!

"More than you can afford pal......Ferrari"

All over again haha

Definitely. Even if I had the money, Ferraris are fast(ish) becoming too ostentatious for my liking...

Good news with this is you can run an SL55AMG up to the same power as mine or beyond with similar mods.

Bad news is - you cannot emulate that flat plane crank sound which I heard behind me attached to a "get out of my way, faster car than you coming through" type revving.

I wish I had captured the plate in the photo to look it up - I wondered before it rev'd if it was the real deal.

Last edited:
It did try hard - I could see the front lifting up but no match for the old girl...

Blimey, I thought the days of watching the front lift on modern cars was long gone, you can't even see the front end lift on a 1M or M3 these days. For me through, I get more enjoyment pulling away from them on the twisty bits, as we can all go fast in a straight line..:thumb:

Last edited:
For me through, I get more enjoyment pulling away from them on the twisty bits, as we can all go fast in a straight line..:thumb:

Ant beat me to it...

Having reached the end of the dual carriageway, there were some lights leading onto a roundabout.

Said Fezza was behind at these lights so I was interested to find out how well it did on the roundabout and off the next exit.

Couldn't even keep up beyond the curve of the roundabout so I guess not someone who is in tune with the handling characteristics of a Ferrari... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom