Ferrari F430 Spider Crash Kills Driver.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Local to me a Ferrari Driver in his early 40's was killed. His 15 year old daughter was thrown clear and managed to telephone for help. Local paper said that it was well alight and upside down in a ditch. No other car was involved.

Ferrari Crash on A50

Attachments

• ferrari_f430_spider_2006_440x220.jpg
    ferrari_f430_spider_2006_440x220.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 241
I expect there is a reason why it 'left the road' ....

Probably being driven too fast (at midnight apparently) so maybe a couple of beers were involved ..... who knows ....

Although why he took his 15 year old daughter out at midnight for a blast is anyones guess ....

It saddens me to read of any death, I dread to think of the suffering the daughter must be going through.

If only............

Regards,
John

Bad news indeed. Unfortunately having money to buy such a car doesn't always come with the talent required to pedal it. :-(

Unfortunately, people that can afford to buy brand new Ferraris and alike are not normally true car enthusiasts. They cannot handle the power of the vehicle and are not competent enough to drive the car.

Like H said cars do not just leave the road by themselves. Sad to hear the story but this is what happens.

Apparently the words of somone who gave chase at the Austrailian accident.

Classic.:)

One blogger, claiming to be a Windsor employee, writes that the driver tried to run from the scene and that he chased him down.

"Out the back carpark of the pub the culprit is dashing through parked cars (at a medium/drunk f--- pace) so it wasn't long before my manager and I were in close range of our target," 'Antiloop' writes on the Australian chat forum Teknoscape.

"Little does he (my manager) realise there is a chain fence blocking off a certain section of the carpark and mid-chase he is unfortunate enough to trip straight over and receive a face full of bitumen.

"Like the nimble gazelle I am, I glide over the fence trying not to smirk at my boss's misfortune and resume the hunt.

"As I regain my composure and lock back on to this ferrari f---er 10 metres ahead of me I see the c--- trip, slip and fall to the ground over a second chain fence just before the end of the car park. What luck!

"Just before he jumps back to his feet I catch up, side swipe his legs with the old 'take that wifey' backhand and he crumbles back to the ground once more.

"A few swear words later my felled manager and one of the bouncers brought themselves up to pace and grabbed him by the sleeves, carting him back to the accident."

Flash said:
Unfortunately, people that can afford to buy brand new Ferraris and alike are not normally true car enthusiasts. They cannot handle the power of the vehicle and are not competent enough to drive the car.

Sorry Flash but that is a load of old crap. :)

Are people who buy Mercedes-Benzes somehow blessed with extra driving talent and do they have to take an 'enthusiast' test?

I'm sure a high number of Ferrari buyers are highly enthusiastic car people. Start with this bunch if you're still not sure... ;)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/forum.asp?f=63&h=0

Sounds to me like a terribly tragic accident - the type of which surely happens daily and rarely makes the papers.

Surely only newsworthy because it involved a Ferrari. :rolleyes:

Flash said:

:crazy: :D :rolleyes:

Terribley sad, and an awful situation for a young girl to find herself in.

Reminds me of something from the the dim and distant past. I used to live in Loughborough (Leicestershire) some years ago, and I vaguely recall reading in the local paper that someone took a Ferrari for a test drive from the dealer in town, wrote it off, and I think may have even died in the accident. Anyone remember it?

Flash said:
Like H said cars do not just leave the road by themselves. Sad to hear the story but this is what happens.
If we are to believe the authors of numerous threads in the Incidents\Road Rage section then I disagree:) :)

There are countless posts where drivers were doing 30mph and the car simply left the road, flipped over a few times and wrote itself off, or perhaps they skidded at low speed, mounted the footpath and demolished a wall! The list and the excuses are endless, fortunately they all lived to tell the tale. We have been shown a tragic incident and perhaps we can keep our suspicions to ourselves on this tragedy?

Sorry for my sombre thoughts,
Regards,
John

John,

I don't normally disagree with you , but perhaps you are thinking that we all live in a perfect world ...

In the 'real world' a Ferrari that crashed at midnight (so hard that the girl was 'thrown clear :rolleyes:' and burst into flames is not travelling at 30 mph and just slipped off the road , however hard we try and imagine that it was ....

Undoubtedly , it was speeding .... lets face it ....

Sorry ...

Howard said:
John,

I don't normally disagree with you , but perhaps you are thinking that we all live in a perfect world ...

In the 'real world' a Ferrari that crashed at midnight (so hard that the girl was 'thrown clear :rolleyes:' and burst into flames is not travelling at 30 mph and just slipped off the road , however hard we try and imagine that it was ....

Undoubtedly , it was speeding .... lets face it ....

Sorry ...
:D Hi Howard,
I have no idea what the speed limit was in the area of this incident, or what speed the Ferrari was travelling at so please don't think I am either agreeing or indeed disagreeing with you. If this had not been a fatal accident I might have had a flippant guess, but sadly this is not the case, so I'll refrain from my usual humour.

The probable driver has paid the ultimate price for what happened. Hopefully the initial accident saw his demise as being trapped in a burning vehicle does not bear thinking about, plus of course he was not the only person present. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It could be that excess speed for the prevailing conditions was the cause, or exceeding the speed limit, but it could also be he swerved for a vehicle that failed to stop, a fallen tree etc etc Plus of course there might of been some form of mechanical problem. Did the fire start as a result of the accident, or was the fire the cause of the accident?

As I said at the beginning of this thread...

Respect to the family

Regards,
John

Its a further indication that the chances of surviving an accident in a convertible are poor if the vehicle overturns at speed despite roll over bars and re-enforced windscreen surrounds etc. This is particularly the case if the car overturns on to a soft surface like a road verge. Witness Richard Hammond's recent accident where he suffered major head trauma despite a crash helmet and a very substantial roll cage.

Rose Chap said:
Sorry Flash but that is a load of old crap. :)

Are people who buy Mercedes-Benzes somehow blessed with extra driving talent and do they have to take an 'enthusiast' test?

I'm sure a high number of Ferrari buyers are highly enthusiastic car people. Start with this bunch if you're still not sure... ;)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/forum.asp?f=63&h=0

Sorry to say this but Mercs are NOT in the same league as Ferraris unless it is a top end Merc i.e. CL65 AMG. A lot of idiots do buy Merc too but they have no where as near as much power as a Ferrari. Most people that buy Ferraris are just for the "pose" factor and they cannot even be bothered to wash the cars themselves.

Flash said:
the "pose" factor and they cannot even be bothered to wash the cars themselves.

What!:eek: We are supposed to wash our cars!?!?

That's exactly the reason why I won't be buying a Ferrari.

At least my 300TD washes itself.:D

Flash said:
Most people that buy Ferraris are just for the "pose" factor and they cannot even be bothered to wash the cars themselves.
To be honest, if I was in a position to afford a Ferrari, I would prefer to spend my time doing something other than washing it, and would therefore happily pay a professional valet to do it for me.

By the way I do consider myself an enthusiast - just not one that likes washing cars any more!! When I was in my teens and early-twenties I loved it and spent hours washing my cars.

Silvertank said:
What!:eek: We are supposed to wash our cars!?!?

That's exactly the reason why I won't be buying a Ferrari.

At least my 300TD washes itself.:D

A true enthusiast would wash/wax/polish their car at some point IMO..!

Most people that have Ferraris just get someone else to valet them. Paying someone to wash/polish/wax your car will never be done as good as if you were true enthusiast and to do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom