Ferrari Porsche McLaren Amg killer for £35k new.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely there’s more to a Golf R than just a bigger engine.
Brakes?
Suspension?
Interior?
Possibly, but it was never built to compete in a World Rally Championship, only then would you find out how much was missing compared to the opposition.

It isn't. All it has in common with a Stratos is both were designed to compete in rallying. Mention a Toyota GR Yaris in 45 years from now and nobody will have a clue what you're talking about. 45 years from Lancia building the Stratos, their name doesn't even have to be mentioned for anyone to remember the car.
They will they already fetch over list £ .................

I have one on order, not expecting it until May22. It should be a fun 4wd, manual pocket rocket. 0% Apr, £300pm, so 2yrs fun at a very low cost. 5yr warranty which extends to 10yrs if serviced at Toyota each year.

0-62.5 is 5.5 seconds, but this involves a gear change at 60. 0-60 is done in 4.7 for a 1.6 3 cylinder. It’s more about the fun factor than 0-60, otherwise you would just buy a Tesla.

This will be in addition to my c43 estate & i3s. I think this will be the last of the rally homologation type cars. They are now sold out until 2023 for which you can place an expression of interest. Total 2500 allocated to the UK.

It’s a lot of car for the money (Toyota must be selling at a loss), it’s made on the same production line as the Lexus LFA, takes 10 times longer to produce than a normal Yaris. It’s the only homologation car that’s been reverse engineered. Rally car first then converted to road car.
It was built for the 2020 rally season but COVID happened and then there is rule change where they have to be hybrid, but Toyota still built it and sold it.

The Yaris beats the SL500 (just) to 60 and beats it to 100mph by nearly 3 secs according to a quick Google.

That's before it even gets to the first corner where the Yaris will shine

It's fast and lightweight, nimble that's why it's a supercar slayer
Doesn’t matter how quick and nimble it is. It is still a Toyota Yaris.:) Doesn’t matter if it is a supercar slayer. Supercar drivers will not care either. It is still a Toyota Yaris.

Doesn’t matter how quick and nimble it is. It is still a Toyota Yaris.:) Doesn’t matter if it is a supercar slayer. Supercar drivers will not care either. It is still a Toyota Yaris.

You are missing the point, its for the most part, more capible than supercars and costs less than one of their full service.

It shares virtually nothing with a regular Yaris................

I think the thread title is wrong, it’s not a super car slayer, it’s a hot hatch and to even be mentioned with super cars shows you how good it is.
It coincidently replaced my f360, but the plan was to buy another f car, but used prices have rocketed and I’d rather not buy at the top.
I also thought it’s just a Yaris, but it’s more about how you feel driving it and certainly more practical than the 360 which did 1k miles in the last 3yrs I had it. I will probably get another ‘supercar’ but the Yaris will sit alongside it in the garage.
We’ll all be driving electric soon so enjoy as many ice cars as you can.

Seeing as this is a Mercedes forum i am surprised no potential Yaris GR owners are considering a w201 190e 2.3/ 2.5-16 instead. For the price of a GR Yaris you may even find an evo 1 with the best front arches in the business, imho.

You can get a 190e 2.3-16 for £20000+ and they are an appreciating asset. But then again the Toyota marketing department hype machine is making a brand new car, the GR Yaris, an appreciating asset - job done. Mission accomplished.

The GR Yaris appears to be an investment not a car. Lets hope the car delivers when it debuts on the world rally circuit. Will its racing success or failure effect values?

Last edited:
You are missing the point, its for the most part, more capible than supercars and costs less than one of their full service.
Oh of course I get the point.

Perfect for the guy that wants to say “I could beat a supercar on the track” because he cannot afford a supercar.

However, we all have different aspirations in life & it has no appeal to me.

Oh of course I get the point.

Perfect for the guy that wants to say “I could beat a supercar on the track” because he cannot afford a supercar.

However, we all have different aspirations in life & it has no appeal to me.
Apart form the member called mits who is replacing his Ferrari with a Yaris.

😀 Not really a Ferrari replacement, just something fun, practical, without the huge running costs. Paying £2k per year servicing and doing 300miles doesn’t make sense, plus I can’t get the dog in it. Over my 6yrs mileage dropped from 3k per yr to 300miles.

Never thought I would have a Jap car, but the wife missed out on Subaru with rally decals when younger, so I guess the Yaris will look like a rally car when she’s finished.😀

Also have deposit on a m3 touring when their released but can’t see it being £50k better than the c43 which does everything I need, but will reserve judgment until driven. A e63 estate is probably better value.

Hopefully this will clear things up for those who don't understand it. (Eg, comparing it to an SL)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom