Festive driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Or to be more precise rubbish festive driving.

Thanks to ancient, unwell plus ancient and very unwell family members spent a lot of time on motorways since Christmas Eve. Now the holiday drivers are a well known curse but convinced it is getting worse and it is not just me being miserable, intolerant or just a git.

Mrs S, No. 1 son, No 2 son and others have all separately remarked how many examples of inability, stupidity, lack of situational awareness & general ignorance they have encountered over the past week.

I could go on for ages but my prize (choice of Lifetime Driving Ban or Summary Execution) is awarded for making an empty & otherwise simply tedious three lane stretch of 50mph average speed camera roadworks a dangerous nightmare: 01.20 this morning a vastly obese female (we are talking utterly huge here) having managed to cram herself into a Corsa, was camped in lane 2 doing a very wobbly and jerky 20-25 mph yet still managing to drift across partly into lanes 1 & 3 accompanied by wholly random braking episodes.

Drunk. stupid or useless, Mrs S called Plod on that one.

reaching for donuts?

Maybe the Corsa was fitted with lane deviation warning system (vibrating seat). Not a pleasant thought, I grant you.

"a vastly obese female (we are talking utterly huge here) having managed to cram herself "

Errr would somebody (prefereably the OP) explain the relevence of this section of the post?

Possibly to encourage the half witted and pointed reference to donuts no doubt?

:confused::confused:

"a vastly obese female (we are talking utterly huge here) having managed to cram herself "

Errr would somebody (prefereably the OP) explain the relevence of this section of the post?

Possibly to encourage the half witted and pointed reference to donuts no doubt?

:confused::confused:

It is relevant as the op has decided to make a value judgement on the women's size.

I wonder if the lady was an ethnic minority that would have been pointed out.

ras8963 said:
"a vastly obese female (we are talking utterly huge here) having managed to cram herself " Errr would somebody (prefereably the OP) explain the relevence of this section of the post? Possibly to encourage the half witted and pointed reference to donuts no doubt? :confused::confused:

I think what he was trying to say is she was a fat fecker but he was too polite to do so :D

Physical size does make a difference to driving ability - Speaking from experience I was once nearly T Boned by a grossly overweight person who was so fat that they could not lean forward enough to see me coming down the road and pulled out in front of me - only because I saw it happening was I able to avoid a serious collision. You see it every day on motorways obese people not being able to (or unwilling / lazy) to lean forward to check blind spots in mirrors whilst changing lanes

Physical size does make a difference to driving ability - Speaking from experience I was once nearly T Boned by a grossly overweight person who was so fat that they could not lean forward enough to see me coming down the road and pulled out in front of me - only because I saw it happening was I able to avoid a serious collision. You see it every day on motorways obese people not being able to (or unwilling / lazy) to lean forward to check blind spots in mirrors whilst changing lanes

What a dumb statement......being (thankfully) of pretty much average build and relatively fit, I don't believe I have ever needed to move my body to check my mirrors whilst driving....granted a quick look over the shoulder on occasion if driving in town or parking but nothing else.........just to consider, the driving test is in place to test both physical and mental ability, following your judgement anybody on the large size would not pass a test...:fail

Is it just me, or is this thread dying - like so many others - under a weight (npi) of irrelevant indignation? :dk:

st13phil said:
Is it just me, or is this thread dying - like so many others - under a weight (npi) of irrelevant indignation? :dk:

I agree lets get back on topic should fatties be allowed to drive Corsa's or should they all drive Volvo's like me? :D

What a load of rubbish.

I agree lets get back on topic should fatties be allowed to drive Corsa's or should they all drive Volvo's like me? :D

I would stick with the Volvo especially if your BMI is over 40 because then you have anywhere between a 56% and 80% increased risk of death in a collision depending on which set of statistics you look at.

Lot of work been done on that in America oddly enough.

My comment on the driver was a statement of fact. She was the largest person I have ever seen driving and was literally crammed in.

Don't like that? Tough

Hilarious Ian.

I would stick with the Volvo especially if your BMI is over 40 because then you have anywhere between a 56% and 80% increased risk of death in a collision depending on which set of statistics you look at.

Lot of work been done on that in America oddly enough.

My comment on the driver was a statement of fact. She was the largest person I have ever seen driving and was literally crammed in.

Don't like that? Tough

I think I can see your tendency to over exaggerate so perhaps we can go with your vision of the person being levered into the car.....one thing for sure, since they are now so apparently stuck inside they will be forced to lose weight to get out...:eek:

:dk:

What a dumb statement......being (thankfully) of pretty much average build and relatively fit, I don't believe I have ever needed to move my body to check my mirrors whilst driving....granted a quick look over the shoulder on occasion if driving in town or parking but nothing else.........just to consider, the driving test is in place to test both physical and mental ability, following your judgement anybody on the large size would not pass a test...:fail

This incident happened down a country lane which is on my daily commute - the side turning joining the main lane is at a obtuse angle and you do have to lean forward to gain a clear view due to position and there is also overhanging trees - Every person I have ever seen attempting to pull out this turning leans forwards - in fact alot of people even take their seatbelts off to lean forward even more. I have never had any problems with other drivers even though I go past twice a day so in this instance the driver being obese was the main factor in the near miss, quite simply if a car had been coming the other way I would be dead so sorry if I dont have much patience for them.

Making judgements based on size alone with no other corroboration does not demonstrate anything other than lazy thinking and dare I say a level of bigotry. Unless arguing from the standpoint of being an extraordinarily obese person now 'reformed', it is name calling, nothing more.

The driver in question was dreadful, driving in lane two well below the limit whilst drifting into lane one and three, stopping others from passing. Was the driver drunk/texting/falling asleep/forgot to wear glasses?

The fact that it was a female is also irrelevant really.

PS I would give myself well built to husky plus lunch.:eek:

I see nothing wrong in providing a graphic description that makes the whole scene more vivid.

You could equally argue that mentioning the type of car was irrelevant.

And if the lady was also wearing typical colourful South African garments then that would make the image even more interesting. As would a highlighter in traditional custom (I am in Scotland right now...).

As long as there is no suggestion that overweight people driving Corsas while wearing coulorful garments are bad drivers.

Please keep in mind, that this is story-telling, not a court of law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom