few smart / mercedes pics at my wedding on entrance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
for those interested..
mywedding1.jpg

mywedding2.jpg

mywedding3.jpg

mywedding4.jpg

mywedding5.jpg

mywedding6.jpg

looks like a very nice day, no sign of the cabriolet though.

yes unfortunately, the morning of the civil ceremony, the battery had died, reason being due to the leak, the motor on the seat belt arms were on constantly, due to the module catching some water, and thus she was not part of the wedding unfortunately.

New battery was put in, and the water issue, is being discussed on another thread..

sad as i had her dressed up aswell.

who did the wrap in the end?

Jay, no wrap done in the end, as my colour was turquoise blue, and the cost of nearly £900 quid was not justified, and the green seemed to appeal to my cousins and friends, so we left it in its matt green.. which ended up looking quite nice on the day :)

Is that a big black dustbin on the roof?

well it started life that way.. then had some modifications done, and covered in felt carpet to give a true tophat feel ;)

Hmm Question here Boss. Non intended. Genuine interest and my ignorance probably lets me down.

Some of the Wedding Ribbons on the cars are traditional in that they flow out from each side of the top of the windscreen to the Mercedes Star. Others are one ribbon only running diagonally from the top of the windscreen to a wing tip. Any particular reason for this.

CHEERS

Hmm Question here Boss. Non intended. Genuine interest and my ignorance probably lets me down.

Some of the Wedding Ribbons on the cars are traditional in that they flow out from each side of the top of the windscreen to the Mercedes Star. Others are one ribbon only running diagonally from the top of the windscreen to a wing tip. Any particular reason for this.

CHEERS

the e class was my wedding car on the day, and i made that stand out by having a diagonal ribbon. all other cars were my parents, cousins, sibblings, friends, etc...

no particular reason.

not that it is relevant but the decoration of cars with ribbons could be connected to heraldic notation? Dunno really but it doesn't sound impossible.

If I remember my heraldry a diagonal stripe is the bendy sinister, chevrons are named for rafters but yours are upside down so it is a pile of rafters and I am pretty sure that knights did not have a top hat on their shields so I can't help with the dustbin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom