FIAT 126 - YAMAHA FZR 1000cc EXUP - TAX - MOT (1989)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope the rear of the drivers seat is reinforced.
Many years ago, I towed my brother-in-law in one of those 126's and the back of the seat sheared off with the take-off jolt, leaving him lying down like a bobsleigher.
I thought the jolts were him putting the car in gear to bump-start but it transpired he was attempting to stop the 126 by braking when he could. :D

Hilarious! One day, I'll get the engine and driveline from a powerful FWD car and graft it into a Fiat 126, create a mid engined monster! In the days when it was a serious option, the engine and 'box from a Renault 30 V6 were the preferred option.

Last edited:
Oh what fun i could have with that!!!!!..George..

I know someone who put a Ferrari engine in an FSO Polonez!

Hate to think about how those original wheels and brakes cope with that power, but would be fun trying it out :)

Perhaps someone told you about the "Stratopolonez"? That was a rally car Polonez with a Ferrari Dino motor.

More on the car can be found on the Polish language wikipedia article:
Stratopolonez

I know about that, but he decided to make his own - completely standard Polonez. Didn't last too long, apparently it was terrifying to drive! Wonder what happened to it.

But I can't imagine this 126 would be any less terrifying to drive. Once you've got past the novelty factor of this cheap flimsy-looking car overtaking a BMW M3 or whatever, you're left with a car ready to fall apart rattling away with appalling handling (perhaps) at high speeds!

But I can't imagine this 126 would be any less terrifying to drive. Once you've got past the novelty factor of this cheap flimsy-looking car overtaking a BMW M3 or whatever, you're left with a car ready to fall apart rattling away with appalling handling (perhaps) at high speeds!

That's all part of the adrenalin rush Neilz :D

I need to have a go in that. 01254 is Bolton I think? Might nip up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom