Fiat 500 Incoming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What oil do folks use if they have petrol (1242cc) ones of these?

What oil do folks use if they have petrol (1242cc) ones of these?
5w 40 I think. It’s 10w 50 for the Abarth. (I use Fuchs Titan Race Pro S)

I always get my oils etc from Opie Oils, very good

Thanks is that a Low Ash type?

Might go with MB 229.51 but this is 5W30.

View attachment 105874
Mrs LTD had the wee ‘sport’ version a number of years back.

Slightly stiffer suspension and low profiles with a lovely leather / alcantara interior.

Not a rocket shop but it was a load of fun to drive.

Then she went to a Polo GTi - now that is different gravy :)

I like the Sports. Had it been my choice, that's what I'd have gone for.

Have you got any interior shots? I love a bit of alcantara. Again, unusual.

Or maybe it's more common with the sports seats in Sports and Abarths? I can't keep up. There are billions of spec and trim variations.....

The Abarth is 10w 50 Selenia made by Petronas. It's about a million pounds per litre. Maybe a little exaggerated but it is about £20 per litre and not many sell it. Thankfully it only takes just over 3 litres.

The Abarth is 10w 50 Selenia made by Petronas. It's about a million pounds per litre. Maybe a little exaggerated but it is about £20 per litre and not many sell it. Thankfully it only takes just over 3 litres.
We used to use Selenia but i gave up after the stealer didn't have any on more than one occasion which i just thought ridiculous. Alfa/Fiat/Abarth dealers are just as bad as Merc dealers in my experience.

I remember doing quite a bit of research before i switched to using the Fuchs Titan Race S. I can't remember the details - something about esters! I use it my Alfa as well. The guy at Opie Oils (Oilman on the Alfa forum) really seems to know his stuff.

Serviced little 500 today, Oil for the 1.2 petrol does specify Low Saps and 5W40.

I had some Napa PD 5W40 LS here so used this, covers 229.51 spec. too.

Pollen filter is a pain, down to the left of the clutch pedal after removing some trim.
Two little 5.5mm bolts hold the cover on, not able to get a socket on one due to steering column and I didn't have a 5.5mm spanner.

Motor Factors gave me a Pollen filter 30% smaller than the one the came out.
They explained there are 2 and they always give the smaller one as this will fit. :wallbash:

Yep that pollen filter is in a dam stupid place, Be ok if the car was Auto lol

Serviced little 500 today, Oil for the 1.2 petrol does specify Low Saps and 5W40.

I had some Napa PD 5W40 LS here so used this, covers 229.51 spec. too.

Pollen filter is a pain, down to the left of the clutch pedal after removing some trim.
Two little 5.5mm bolts hold the cover on, not able to get a socket on one due to steering column and I didn't have a 5.5mm spanner.

Motor Factors gave me a Pollen filter 30% smaller than the one the came out.
They explained there are 2 and they always give the smaller one as this will fit. :wallbash:
I remember doing this on the Abarth. there seemed to be loads of filter options from euro car parts so I ended up with a carbon jobbie one from memory. The difficulty of changing the filter is offset by the ease of changing the rear shocks! Yin and Yang and all that...

I mentioned to the motor factors that given the hassle of getting to the filter I wanted to fit the correct one. ;)

Oil/filter and air filter done in 20 minutes. Some Merc. garages would have charged £1400 for that. :)

Great colour and interior....if you enjoy coffee and cream!
I bought a car from Arnold Clark (Stoke Branch) for my mate's son back September.
My experience matches yours in a number of ways. The little 15 plate Yaris was not listed with a number of desirable options such as the pearl white paint and sat nav, so I was surprised to find them when I viewed the car.
They were painfully slow at preparing a car which was supposed to be ready to go, in so much that my friend had to cancel a train booked from MK to Stoke as the car was not ready. He got the fare refund to him.
The car was also fitted (just like yours) with some new tyres and a new LH mirror and a major service just completed.
He stayed over with me prior to collection and again a long wait after the allotted time before it was finally ready.
We spent about 3 hours waiting in my A8. There are worse places to spend time.

After the frustration of the waits, his son loves the car and it has been totally trouble free, it is a Yaris after all!IMG_0555.JPG

Parked next to one of my dark blue cars, one of just 4 vehicles.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom