Fibreglass bath repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After a few days in this house I noticed a water mark appearing in the kitchen ceiling..shower tray leaking.
As we were officially very skint I said, use the bath while the sealant dries.

After a few days I noticed a water mark in the utility room ceiling...that was when I found the bath was cracked.

I put a pan under it... ;)

Next time we meet I will stay up wind of you.

I have successfully ground out and sealed cracks in a stone shower tray using CT1.......but stone shower trays do not flex like baths.

Mic

This was a cheapo acrylic/fibreglass tray the builders had installed.

I have now installed a stone tray and steel bath.

Talking of stone. We had a stone bath on holiday in Marrakesh.

Last edited:
As the property is let have you made sure the bath water is thermostatically controlled?

Haven't come across that one as a requirement in an existing property.
Letting is to a housing association & they haven't requested it amongst their (many) other requirements.

If the method of heating the water regulates the temperature then it's not an issue.

I had to fit a thermostatic valve due to heating the water by solar. It can get up to 90c in very sunny conditions.

That yellow one looks like it takes batteries..........

Its my understanding that the hot water supply to the bath needs to be regulated with a thermostatic valve.
True an existing installation may be exempt but by changing the bath you may be obliged to bring the installation up to standard.

Its my understanding that the hot water supply to the bath needs to be regulated with a thermostatic valve.
True an existing installation may be exempt but by changing the bath you may be obliged to bring the installation up to standard.

Surely not if I don't change the taps:D

Seriously though, I'm fitting some up to date health & safety features - on the hot tap there is a red marker and on the cold tap there is a blue marker:thumb:

Two different razors there - Dieselman must have someone to share his roll top bath (and his stone one in Merrakesh)

Two different razors there - Dieselman must have someone to share his roll top bath (and his stone one in Merrakesh)

Yep...and I can't stand birds with beards...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom