Filling up petrol station

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomambros

Car
Mercedes e class 200 d
Dear
I need help i have e class 220 diesel
I have problem to put diesel to the car when I go to petrol station every second it stops and click when I am trying to put diesel in. Very annoying.

Help!

Try just putting the pump nozzle in a little way, or pushing it in upside down.

Try inserting the fuel nozzle so it points in a different direction.
I fill my W212 E class with the nozzle pointing backwards.

Don't pull the trigger fully back

Has it always been like that, or has it just started doing it?
Bought this car recently... I heard something about carister valve behind the wheel but checked today and don't see it. Only add on tank...

I only put the nozzle half way in and pull the trigger half way and it fills no problem........

Hi ,just a small chance but has a previous owner installed an anti Syphon device ( that's failed) in the fuel pipe.

Hi , any garage should have a small camera that they could put down the filler pipe and have a look or find any other blockage.

Hope that helps.

Well I think the air vent on your tank is blocked just where it is on your car I have no idea,maybe somebody can put up a diagram of your tank and fittings.

Hi , well I think that is zipdip suggestion is really worth looking into.Years ago a had a power boat and spiders made home in the air vent and I could not fill the boat up with fuel.

Cleaned vent out and the filing system was back to normal.

I have the same problem and its going in to mercedes Warrington next week to see if they can sort it out as its still under warranty. It can take upto10 mins to put £30 in and anyone waiting behind gets very frustrated as do i :wallbash:

I have the same problem and its going in to mercedes Warrington next week to see if they can sort it out as its still under warranty. It can take upto10 mins to put £30 in and anyone waiting behind gets very frustrated as do i :wallbash:
Mine is under warranty too. Do you think they should fix it for free?

Mine is under warranty too. Do you think they should fix it for free?
Well mines going in to Warrington mercedes on the 8th for them to look at with the same problem under the warranty. If you cant get fuel in properly then the car is not fit for purpose !

Well mines going in to Warrington mercedes on the 8th for them to look at with the same problem under the warranty. If you cant get fuel in properly then the car is not fit for purpose !
Hello. Did they fix? Can you update please 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom