Filling up with fuel - very slow! Why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
I have a C250 estate 2018 plate and I am wondering if I am the only one this happens too.
Whenever I refuel I always have to release the fuel slowly, if I don't, the handle keeps 'clicking' as tho the tank is full.
It doesn't matter what angle I place the nozzle or how far I place the nozzle into the tank, if I fully depress the trigger to release the fuel quickly it clicks/cancels.
What gives?

I’ve had this before - the trigger sensor on the pump can be a bit sensitive. Apart from trying different angles etc, the other thing I found that helped was to increase the flow gradually - take a few seconds to build up to full throttle, so to speak.

I have a C250 estate 2018 plate and I am wondering if I am the only one this happens too.
Whenever I refuel I always have to release the fuel slowly, if I don't, the handle keeps 'clicking' as tho the tank is full.
It doesn't matter what angle I place the nozzle or how far I place the nozzle into the tank, if I fully depress the trigger to release the fuel quickly it clicks/cancels.
What gives?
Have you tried a diffeent fuel station?

If it is the same regardless then you may have a problem with the fuel tank ventilation system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom