Films you tried to watch but soon switched off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swotty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 CL600
The missus and I were watching Bullitt, which neither of us could recall watching all the way through - I had forgotten the incredibly sexy Jacqueline Bisset was in it, for example. I tried explaining that Bullitt's Mustang would not have been able to catch the Charger, but got that "mm" noise which says shut up, that's boring. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we recalled we had started to watch another film some time ago but switched it off after about 10 minutes and that led to the following list:

Chicago

Brokeback Mountain

All were oscar winners, but 10 minutes was enough for me.

What films had the same effect on you? Thought "must see that" and, after several minutes then thought "why?".

I am committed to watching every crap movie to the bitter end... no idea my. The missus usually gives up if it's boring.

M.A.S.H.

The original film, I walked out part way through, even though I was in the Forces, on an unaccompanied Middle East posting, and there was little else to do.

As a result, I never watched the TV series at all.

I think there was also a Bruce Lee (or was it Jackie Chan?) one as well somewhere along the line.

I've not walked out of a Star Wars or Harry Potter film though, as I’ve never been tempted to see one in the first place. I appreciate I may be in a minority of one, of course........

Star Wars. Started watching every new film, hoping to catch the story but no, very shortly just loose interest. Just don't see the appeal and I really love science fiction/fantasy!

I watched Bullitt 3 or 4 years ago after buying it due to recomendations because I purchased a new Sonos soundbar thing.
I fell asleep mid-movie.

I also left the cinema early because I thought the beginning of Silence of the Lambs was boring! :eek:

Braveheart, I've tried to watch, I just can't get into this type of film. Not my bag.

2001 A Space Oddessy
Lost In Translation
Les Miserables

I've tried a few times to watch 2001, just doesn't work for me.

Interesting thread.....

So far, I can’t disagree with any of the films listed - but then my worst quiz round is Films.

French Connection

Most movies to be honest.

Glad it's not just me. I don't get the general fascination with films. I struggle to make it all the way through most of them and/or find myself dozing off. Especially now they tend to be ridiculously long.

I much prefer the format of TV drama. Stuff served up in one hour chunks.

In terms of bad films I've been forced to sit t
La La Land. Self indulgent!

I liked Tarantino's first three films. And that fact that Reservoir Dogs was all over in 1 hour 40 was great. Then I went to see Kill Bill Part 1.

Absolutely hated it. Totally up its own ****. Tedious and infantile.

M.A.S.H.

The original film, I walked out part way through, even though I was in the Forces, on an unaccompanied Middle East posting, and there was little else to do.

As a result, I never watched the TV series at all.

I think there was also a Bruce Lee (or was it Jackie Chan?) one as well somewhere along the line.

I've not walked out of a Star Wars or Harry Potter film though, as I’ve never been tempted to see one in the first place. I appreciate I may be in a minority of one, of course........

With you on the Harry Potter stuff. I could never understand seeing adults on the train with their noses buried in HP books. Children's fantasy featuring children!

2001 A Space Oddessy
Lost In Translation
Les Miserables

I've tried a few times to watch 2001, just doesn't work for me.

I saw 2001 when it was originally released. I thought it was great but that was a long time ago and it was good for the time. Not sure I'd enjoy it today.

This all reminds me of "Fantastic Voyage" starring Raquel Welsh in a tight wet suit which, I definitely did not walk out of.

I don't believe I've ever walked out of a cinema.

I think it's very important to trust your instinct...

We watched The Lighthouse yesterday - Rotten Tomatoes gave it an approval rating of 90% based on 359 reviews, with an average rating of 8.06/10. The site's critics' consensus reads, "A gripping story brilliantly filmed and led by a pair of powerhouse performances, The Lighthouse further establishes Robert Eggers as a filmmaker of exceptional talent."

I wanted to switch off so many times but persevered to waste 100 minutes thinking surely the critics couldn't have got it so wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom