Films you tried to watch but soon switched off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This all reminds me of "Fantastic Voyage" starring Raquel Welsh in a tight wet suit which, I definitely did not walk out of.

Hobbled out bent over like the rest of us, then...

I don't believe I've ever walked out of a cinema.

Is that because you get too drunk to walk, or get thrown out, or for some other reason? :D

I haven't been to a cinema for over 25 years, I view it much the same as public transport - it's fine for other people but way to grubby for me, I wonder why they use fabric for the seats when something that could be wiped down would be more hygienic?

I haven't been to a cinema for over 25 years, I view it much the same as public transport - it's fine for other people but way to grubby for me, I wonder why they use fabric for the seats when something that could be wiped down would be more hygienic?

Bit different now. Our local Vue has huge reclining leather armchairs with loads of room. Very clean - website not the greatest, but hey ho! On Mondays it is half price during the day - Sue and I go for £12 total! Sweets etc. are the usual daylight robbery, but you are not searched when you go in...... :)

Maybe easier to hide stains?
Bit different now. Our local Vue has huge reclining leather armchairs with loads of room. Very clean - website not the greatest, but hey ho! On Mondays it is half price during the day - Sue and I go for £12 total! Sweets etc. are the usual daylight robbery, but you are not searched when you go in...... :)
Makes me itch just thinking about it.

Any musical
Àny film with subtitles, I can't read with one eye and watch the film with the other .
The wife has no chance she's blind in one eye :oops: :oops:

Reactions: JHS
2016 film Dirty Grandpa starring Robert De Niro.

Just awful. How De Niro's agent let him lower himself into taking part I can't fathom. It had to be the money, as he is in a 2020 follow up

By coincidence, watched Godfather last night. (It’s briefly on BBC IPlayer).

The first time ever that I got past the toilet scene to “exile in Sicily.”

Always liked the first part, despite, but still always switched off half way through before.

Feels different when you no longer think like the Consigliere and look at the family as if you’re the Don.

Attachments

• 34A79236-BB99-4C7B-A263-AAFADF1A016D.jpeg
    34A79236-BB99-4C7B-A263-AAFADF1A016D.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 0
Stephen Kings: The Lawnmower Man. 1992. I didn’t walk out but feel asleep 💤

Eyes Wide Shut. 💤

Inglourious basterds, turned it off after 20 minutes

Reactions: JHS
M.A.S.H.

The original film, I walked out part way through, even though I was in the Forces, on an unaccompanied Middle East posting, and there was little else to do.

As a result, I never watched the TV series at all.

I think there was also a Bruce Lee (or was it Jackie Chan?) one as well somewhere along the line.

I've not walked out of a Star Wars or Harry Potter film though, as I’ve never been tempted to see one in the first place. I appreciate I may be in a minority of one, of course........
I'm with you on Harry Potter - When I used commute by train into London, I could never understand why adults had their noses buried a children's fantasy book.

I think it's very important to trust your instinct...

We watched The Lighthouse yesterday - Rotten Tomatoes gave it an approval rating of 90% based on 359 reviews, with an average rating of 8.06/10. The site's critics' consensus reads, "A gripping story brilliantly filmed and led by a pair of powerhouse performances, The Lighthouse further establishes Robert Eggers as a filmmaker of exceptional talent."

I wanted to switch off so many times but persevered to waste 100 minutes thinking surely the critics couldn't have got it so wrong...
Bit like those Trip Advisor reviews. Much depends on the authors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom