Filthy scuffers

• Thread starter Deleted member 6183
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

What is it with men of a certain age?

We went for a curry last night and the guy nearby was also having a meal with his wife, the dirty bastard wouldn't stop coughing without covering his mouth and then did that thing that only older blokes do - the nose blowing trumpet - this really pisses me off. There is no need for it, if the nose must be cleaned either go to the toilet or do it quietly.

My Mrs is recovering from pneumonia and it's been a difficult 4 months and I really don't want her to pick up any further infection so this time I couldn't keep quiet and told him how I felt about his behaviour.

Funny how he managed to spend the next 45 minutes in absolute silence.

Sounds like the same dirty fcuker that is in my work place. Coughs without covering the mouth a lot, when the nose is blown its noisy, and the creme de la creme - hold one nostril closed and have a good big snort :mad:

Probably a smoker?
A very disgusting habit not covering the pie hole while coughing! :eek::mad:
Germs flying 160mph in one direction, that's very nasty! :eek:

Guest at restaurant must have been a w-nker? ;)

Mrs Ted is a retired nurse/carer and the older people would think nothing of coughing in her face as she was tending to them.
Also you are right to worry about Mrs F - I had double pneumonia that turned to pleurisy and sepsis.
Takes a long time to get back to normal - years in my case and the cold weather and seemingly minor infections can hit you hard.
Hope she is recovering well.

Mrs Ted is a retired nurse/carer and the older people would think nothing of coughing in her face as she was tending to them.
Also you are right to worry about Mrs F - I had double pneumonia that turned to pleurisy and sepsis.
Takes a long time to get back to normal - years in my case and the cold weather and seemingly minor infections can hit you hard.
Hope she is recovering well.

She is thanks Ted.

The meal was in celebration of the consultant signing off the Mrs yesterday afternoon, she also had sepsis and abscesses deep in the lung as a result of the pneumonia.

This is the reason I was a bit sensitive, I actually felt a bit guilty for a moment as I might have appeared a little aggressive at the time.

Reactions: Ted
My wife and I found ourselves sat next to one of these ignorant people on a flight. We're in our mid-60s and would count ourselves of the "older generation" ... that is to say, manners and respect for others.

Well, this woman was probably 10 years older than us and lost no time in coughing repetitively with no hint of handkerchief, tissue or even a hand. She would look round as she did this, so the germs went everywhere. After several minutes, I offered her a pack of tissues. All I received was a glare ... from her and also those around .... younger than us and who gave the very distinct impression I had committed the most awful faux-pas and should mind my own business.

We both came down with a terrible cough/cold/bug which laid us low for about a week.

The moral of this story? Don't fly with Ryanair!

I find myself in absolute agreement with every single word the OP has written. Please pass on our best wishes to your good lady. I know only too well the agony of pleurisy/pneumonia. Selfish does not cover this fools actions.

FWIW: I ventured into a Coffee Republic the other day. I am not making this up.......

My wife and I sat down only to find ourselves at face level with a bloke who was stood at a table maybe two feet from us. He proceeded to spend his time excavating the contents of of his bottom with his hand, which, he would intermittently sniff whilst making a sound like a Japanese Car Dump Valve.

This guy was stood with his (We presumed) girlfriend. Who seemed perfectly happy with his Canine habits.

It made me want to vomit. Like the OP I found myself asking him if he was aware there was a vacant toilet within reach?

Disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My wife and I sat down only to find ourselves at face level with a bloke who was stood at a table maybe two feet from us. He proceeded to spend his time excavating the contents of of his bottom with his hand, which, he would intermittently sniff whilst making a sound like a Japanese Car Dump Valve.This guy was stood with his (We presumed) girlfriend. Who seemed perfectly happy with his Canine habits.

Was he after the Turder Prize, where artiface trumps orifice?

I’m glad to hear MrsFeelgood is on her way to feeling good again.

What is it with men of a certain age?
Thankfully it’s not commonplace, but I’ve noticed that if a man doesn’t wash his hands after visiting a public toilet, then they’re almost always old enough to know better. My wife and daughter tells me it’s not unusual to see women do the same, but women of all ages do it. Not nice.

Washing hands after using the lavatory is, it seems, a rare habit. One cannot judge by the person's age or appearance if he will or won't.
The inside door handle of the Gents in my MB dealership is covered in what I can only describe as a mechanised antibacterial sheath. As one releases one's grip on the handle the exposed section slides away the be replaced by a fresh 'handle'......

Many toilets in buildings accessible to the public in the USA have doors that can be opened with your foot. I fancy that poor personal hygiene practices after using the lavatory aren’t solely the preserve of the UK...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad to hear MrsFeelgood is on her way to feeling good again.

Thankfully it’s not commonplace, but I’ve noticed that if a man doesn’t wash his hands after visiting a public toilet, then they’re almost always old enough to know better. My wife and daughter tells me it’s not unusual to see women do the same, but women of all ages do it. Not nice.
I saw it happen this very morning. Animal.

Washing hands after using the lavatory is, it seems, a rare habit. One cannot judge by the person's age or appearance if he will or won't.

Flushing properly can also be a worryingly rare too habit too.

People should leave the toilet in the condition that they would like to find it rather than covered in brown render and with more skid marks than Runway #1 at Heathrow.

While on the subject of toilets, if I got to a public toilet and the seat/lid is down, I now find a different cubicle, as twice I've lifted the cover to be greeted with a little surprise :eek:

It happened again.

I really fancied a non-posh cooked breakfast this morning so off we went to the local tradesman's cafe.

I loved it, the Mrs turned pale halfway through as she saw some bloke shove an index finger up each nostril, simultaneously, have a good probe then rub each digit vigorously into his strides.

WTF?

It happened again.

I really fancied a non-posh cooked breakfast this morning so off we went to the local tradesman's cafe.

I loved it, the Mrs turned pale halfway through as she saw some bloke shove an index finger up each nostril, simultaneously, have a good probe then rub each digit vigorously into his strides.

WTF?

Rule 1: never ever take the Mrs in to such an establishment!

Rule 2: Expect the unexpected in such an establishment!!

Rule 3: Shackle it up yourself as you never no what one will be served!!

Rule 1: never ever take the Mrs in to such an establishment!

Rule 2: Expect the unexpected in such an establishment!!

Rule 3: Shackle it up yourself as you never no what one will be served!!

I agree. All builders and their eateries are the same. Disgusting folk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom